We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

NY
3 posts
Save Topic
Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

We are 23 year old females going for a weekend... I'm considering moving there so I want to take a few weekend trips to get more acquainted with the city. We're both hairstylists and we love all that is shopping and trendy so I'd like to be in that sort of area. I have a few picked out but it's so hard to tell on the map if we'd be close to the action or not. We aren't looking to spend a fortune so these are the ones I have picked out:

Marriott Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Hotel Marlowe - A Kimpton Hotel in Cambridge

Chandler Inn near Copley Square

Harborside Inn and Club Quarters which are both in the Financial District.

Should I nix any of these based on location? I've also heard the South End is a young trendy area. Ahh so many options. HELP please :)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

Shopping and trendy point towards the Back Bay, which, by the way, is adjacent to the South End. The only place on your list near there is the Chandler Inn, although there are lots of other alternatives. Look for any places in the Copley Square Area, which is between the South End and Newbury Street, where all the boutiques (and hairstylists!!) are located.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

The Chandler Inn is fine. Nothing Special. A short walk to most of Boston and in a neighborhood that has many young professionals. Note that it is located on top of a gay sports bar (Fritz). Lots of fun, but not necessarily for two 23 year old woman. Pleanty of restaurants/bars nearby. Walk to major shopping areas, but some boutiques in the area.

Look for something in Copley Square - It is between Newbury Street (shopping - high end to trendy) and the South End. You also have the Prudential Mall and Copley Place for shopping. Lenox Hotel, Marriot Copley Place, Copley Square Hotel, etc.

As a 23 year old looking to move to Boston, you might want to look at accomodations in neighborhoods that might interest you - the South End, Central and Harvard Square, Cambridge, Davis Square in Somerville,

Boston
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

The Marlowe is across the river in Cambridge, The Tudor Wharf is a bit out of the way. The suggestions to look in Copley Square/Back Bay are good. The South End is a hopping neighborhood, but it really does't have any hotels.You should look into the Colonnade, too. It's sort of between the Back Bay and South End. Also, the Copley Square Hotel has recently been renovated into a kind of boutique hotel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

Yeah, you two girls need to be around Back Bay. I see the Harborside Inn on your list. How about it's sister property, the Charlesmark Hotel? It's right on Boylston Street in the heart of the Back Bay. Rooms are on the small side, but who sits in their room all day when in Boston? ;-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

GRRR, just remembered that the Charlesmark doesn't have 2 beds per room. So if that's a requirement then cancel it off your list.

Back Bay Hilton and the Sheraton would also be solid choices.

Boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

While not posh but very reasonably priced the Buckminster in Kenmore square is a great location & close to the club scene on Landsdowne St.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

I'd be very careful about the Buckminster.

8. Re: Two 23 years olds visiting for a weekend.. where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 05:18