We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway SRO

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway SRO

We are planning to see a Red Sox game while we're in Boston at the end of July. I've only ever bought SRO tickets at Citizens Bank Park where SRO means you're free to go just about anywhere in the park. Is it the same at Fenway or are you limited to a certain area? I noticed there are SRO and Green Monster SRO so I'm guessing if you get regular SRO you at least can't be on the Green Monster. Are there other restrictions?

Thanks for any help!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fenway SRO

It depends "where" you SRO tickets are. If you look at the seating/pricing it will help.

…mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

Green Monster SRO, Right Field Roof Terrace SRO, etc are different prices than the standard "standing room" only tickets. So you need to show your ticket to get to places that cost more than the regular standing room.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fenway SRO

So if we got regular SRO, we'd be able to go anywhere but the higher priced SRO areas? Well, there and the seating areas, obviously.

I guess mostly what I want to know is a) can you find places to stand with good views of the field and b) do you have a large area to roam around or are we going to be limited to 100 sq feet along with 1,000 other people?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fenway SRO

Correct. If you get the lower level SRO tix you basically can wander anywhere from the first base side to third base side without anyone asking to see your ticket. You will see areas painted on the asphalt that indicate where you are and are not allowed to stand. Yes, there are good places to stand to see the field, the only thing I have found is the earlier you arrive the better spot you can stake out. Of course, if you leave the spot, you lose 'ownership' of it. There's a good chance, too, you may find some unclaimed seats (particularly by around the third or fourth inning) that you can slide into.

4. Re: Fenway SRO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 07:17