We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good fun Irish pubs

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good fun Irish pubs

I will be entertaining a couple of client while in town for a convention. Can anyone recommend a few good Irish bars/pubs? Anything in the North End area as we will probably end up there for dinner. My clients are staying @ the Westin near the convention center. Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

There are many to choose from: The Black Rose on State Street near Quincy Market, The Kinsale on Cambridge Street across from City Hall Plaza, or one of a half dozen pubs on Union Street near Faneuil Hall.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,731 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

In the Westin there is actually a "faux" Irish pub, MJ O'Connors. I don't know if they have any entertainment.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

Be careful, some of the Faneuill Hall places can skew pretty young (especially on the weekends) and the only thing "Irish" about them are the 22 year olds ordering Irish Car Bombs.

What sort of atmosphere are you looking for? What night of the week?

As for the North End, you should do a search; this question is literally asked every day so there's tons of info out there.

mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

We are young at heart 40 somethings including the two clients (doctors). We would be looking for something on the more upscale end of things and it would be a Monday night . We're not looking for a huge party atmosphere (good thing since it's a Monday) but more "authentic" with good beer.

Boston
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

Mr. Dooleys in downton Boston on Broad street would be perfect for you.

http://www.somerspubs.com/dooleys_history/

North End for traditional Italian I like La Cantina:

http://cantinaitaliana.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

I second the Mr. Dooleys recommendation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

Mr. Dooley's, JJ Foley's or the Kinsale at Center Plaza. Kinsale is very traditional.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

I'll third Dooleys. I love JJ Foleys, but I think of it more as a good old Boston bar than an Irish pub.

9. Re: Good fun Irish pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 07:16