We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Independence Opening 2010

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Independence Opening 2010

Hiya,

I've been looking at their website and it looks like the fort doesn't open until the 29th May. Is this correct?

What else it there to do on Castle Island? is it worth the trip? We wanted to visit an island if we have any freee time, but now i'm not sure which island to visit.

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Independence Opening 2010

There's several things you can do while visiting "Castle Island". One of them is to stop at Sullivan's for a quick lunch, then walk it off all around the Island, you'll see the start of the foot path directly beside Sullivan's.

Here's more info on it:

bostonharborwalk.com/placestogo/location.php…

Have a wonderful time at my favorite place to walk in the City!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,416 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Independence Opening 2010

Castle Island is a great place to visit, but it isn't really an 'island' any more. You would get there by bus and walk through a parking lot.

Another "Island" that's no longer an Island is Deer Island.

If you want to go to a Boston Harbor Island that is still surrounded on all sides by water, I suggest you go to George's Island or Spectacle Island.

http://www.bostonislands.com/

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Independence Opening 2010

ok, thanks

4. Re: Fort Independence Opening 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 06:33