We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Prudential - again!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Prudential - again!

Sorry guys but I looked for this topic but can't find it again.

Returning to Boston for another visit next month - can't wait saw it in the fall before - but there will be 4 of us each with a case and hand baggage. Will we be all able to get into a normal taxi or should we opt for a minivan type taxi?

Also there was a thread on getting the silver line to South Station and getting a taxi from there as an alternative. Is there a taxi stand at South Station with plenty of cabs there or do we just flag one down on the street?

Many thanks for any advice.

Sorry that was from Logan to prudential

Edited: 26 April 2010, 17:17
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Prudential - again!

You really should take a taxi to the Pru. Cost will be around $35-40. When you exit the terminal, get in line at the taxi stand. Just inform the attendant as to how many of you and how much luggage and he/she will take care of the rest.

And yes, there is a taxi stand at South Station if you decide to take the Silver Line there. I would just grab one at the airport for convienence, but that's your call.

Edited: 26 April 2010, 17:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Prudential - again!

Many thanks Will007 and understand what you say, sorry for not getting back, I've been away a few days. The reason I asked was that we used the T to get to Copley before and the silver line was easy however my wife found the green line awkward and 'fell' into the train. We will be getting weekly passes at the airport and know these are valid for the bus and the taxi from South Station should then be cheaper. Any other advice appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Prudential - again!

I would take the taxi directly from the Airport. It would make your life much easier and will save you some time as well.

Edited: 02 May 2010, 13:49
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Prudential - again!

If there were just a couple of you traveling lightly then taking the T wouldn't be a bad idea. But there's 4 of you with lots of luggage.Taxi from the airport is the way to go. But, if you wanted to take the T then you know you can do that as well. It just requires a connection or two depending on which way you go and some patience. Silver Line to South Station, red line to Park Street station then a green line train heading outbound to the Back Bay. Or, free shuttle bus to the Airport T station, blue line to Government Center station then green line to Back Bay.

5. Re: Taxi to Prudential - again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:15