We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

Want fish/seafood, or pasta, etc. Thought of the Daily Catch, but have been reading the terrible reviews.

Any other recs?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,927 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

I don;t think I ever read a terrible review of the Daily Catch. But just for you, try Joe's American Bar and Grill for caj

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

Really? Then, maybe we'll go. Yelp and other food review sites have very low ratings. I may give it a try/

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

I just read some of the reviews on yelp and the lousy ones on the Daily Catch were mainly of the atmosphere at their North End location, you know how small & cramped the North End location is & all that. I wouldn't go to that one, it was always a tiny little restaurant, I want atmosphere when I dine, so whenever they opened their waterfront location I've been hooked. A few of the reviewers on yelp didn't go for the black pasta which is their signature item on the menu that a lot of others are really really crazy about. I myself have been to the Daily Catch several times yet like I said, at the Moakley Federal Courthouse (*rotunda) along the waterfront and absolutely loved it there. I think you should just go there and forget all the negative reviews. Their sicilian style seafood dishes are unique & so exquisite. I think you would definitely enjoy it there. Oh, I found it to be a tad expensive, BUT when you're on vacation or in downtown Boston with good friends & family, I always say, we only go around once, so why not just go for it!

Have a great time.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,927 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

I looked at the Yelp comments and most were on the slow service at peak times, not on the food. Your call.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

With a view like that, I will take slow.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

When will you be visiting Boston? If, it is in the summer then a great place for a view is at the Boston Harbor Hotel when they are serving outside. The regular menu is expensive but you can order form their bar menu. It's a great place to eat, offers a fantastic view and you can dance or just listen to live entertainment.

For a casual place with a view Joe's is not bad choice, too!

http://www.bhh.com/special_summer.htm

www.joesamerican.com/index.cfm…

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

You might also be interested in an Odyssey Dinner Cruise or Spirit of Boston lunch Cruise. (There are discount coupons for the Odyssey in the Boston Entertainment Book.)

http://www.odysseycruises.com/Boston/home

http://spiritofboston.com/Boston/home

entertainment-savings-offers.com/boston/book/

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

More reading is ahead! Thanks for all the suggestions. It will be summer.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

One of my favorites, more for the view and atmosphere, is free Thursday nights at the Institute of Contemporary Art during the summer. Hubby and I go in to see the exhibits then wend our way to the back of the ICA which features food from Wolfgang Puck, music often times from talented Berklee Students, and a stupendous view of the Boston Harbor.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outdoor casual dinner and drink on the harborfront & a view

Yes, I agree with Mahj. Thursday nights after 5 PM the ICA is free and the view from the ICA is wonderful.

If you do stay at the Embassy Suites, then go over to Hyatt Haborside Hotel's outside patio grill for drinks and appetizers .You will get a faboulous view of the Boston Skyline

Also, another sugestion if you are staying in East Boston then I would suggest that you take a stroll at Piers Park. It offers wonderful views of the Boston Skyline and the Boston Harbor.

http://www.icaboston.org/

bostonharborwalk.com/placestogo/location.php…

harborside.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp