We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
10 posts
Save Topic
Radisson

I hate to ask this but what if I booked a room at the Raddison for three people two double beds and then later my daughter (a minor) decided to go. Would they charge an extra fee? Do they check that sort of thing? I hate to pay for four people if she isn't sure she can go.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson

I don't believe so. The Radisson's rates are for up to 5 people in the room. If I were you, I would call them up, explain that 1 more child MAY be coming along and have them make it 4 instead of 3. This way you'll have everyone registered should something out of the ordinary happen like someone falls and hurts themselves in the hotel. And it'll also make sure that you get 4 sets of towels, etc. instead of 3. It shouldn't change the rate one bit.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson

I doubt they would charge more or check on it. I can't remember ever staying in a hotel in this country that would charge extra for a 4th person in a room with two double/queen beds.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson

For certain they'll charge if breakfast is included. Otherwise, it's very individual depending on the hotel.

PA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Radisson

Thanks, I only asked as i was looking on 1800hotels.com and the price went up the more people you said were staying there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson

Ah yes, I forgot you were the one who got a great rate for the Radisson thru 1-800. I know nothing about 1-800 and how it works but if the rate goes up for each additional person then I guess the rate goes up for each additional person. If you don't want to pay extra if your other daughter decides to come then I guess you'll just have to smuggle her in. Happens ALL the time. LOL.

PA
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Radisson

Thanks, no unfortunately that wasn't me. I can't get the rate the other person got for some reason. It is now $160.00 but that is still good but i haven't booked yet. Dragging my feet. Not sure if that is the best choice or if I should try to get cheaper and drive into Boston for the day. We are on a limited budget. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Radisson

Realizing that you are on a very tight budget, you will be kicking yourself for not booking the Radisson at that rate and staying somewhere outside the city instead.

When are you coming? Did you check Hotwire? Want me to see what hotels are available and if there's any good deals to be had?

Edited: 13 May 2010, 21:35
Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
422 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radisson

Like will007 says, just checked Hotwire. Early June, Intercontinental Hotel, 4.5* down to $129!

PA
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Radisson

I checked Hotwire but never used it before how do you know what hotel they are talking about, i only see the area and no specific hotels named?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Radisson

Because I've educated myself so I can help people like yourself looking for a good deal in Boston. Sites like this one in conjuction with betterbidding and a little research and you can figure out what hotel is being offered. I've helped several people who have come to this forum and put their faith in me, and I haven't been wrong about which hotel was being offered yet. That said, sometimes it is difficult to determine which hotel is being offered since the neighborhood, star rating and the amenities offered match more than one hotel. In that case I'll just let you know which ones they are but it's hard to know which one you'll get until after you purchase.

I'm also a Hotwire user when I travel and I've never had a problem with a Hotwire purchase yet.

If you want me to look then give me your dates.