We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

I am scared to ask....is there anything cheap and safe nearby? I hear the parking lot across the street is a fortune and has no in/out priviledges.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

In short, no. But what specific days are you coming? Weekend, hopefully?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

I took this little snippet from a review of the hotel at yelp.

"We opted to have the car kept in the garage that is subsidized by the hotel for guests during our stay. This is really the best option (we weighed them all). Other options included: Trying to find cheaper garage parking (there really isn't any--we looked), or Parking on the Street and moving it every two hours (plus they street-clean every morning at 4 or 5am...parked cars are towed).

Make sure to ask (and ask around) whether or not you have in-out privileges at the garage. We were told we didn't have in-out privileges, but at the end of our stay, they informed us that we did...hmmm...In any case, the Bulfinch is located close enough to most things we wanted to see in Boston (and two metro stations are only about a block away) so it was ok for us to not have a car".

Boston...
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Because this is right by The Garden, parking is expensive.

For overnight parking, I don't have much for you, but for during the day, park at Lechmere Station and take the T in. You will be on the T for 2 stops (get off at North Station) and it takes 5 minutes. Parking at Lechmere is like $4-$5 all day.

Overnight though, I wouldn't leave my car there. I think overnight you will have to pay the crazy garage fees.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Itryalot,

Another cheaper alternative would be to park your car at Station Landing at the Wellington Orange Line T stop. You must go above level 5 and you can park there in a secured garage for $5.00 per 24 hours. There is a 24 hour security guard on site. I have left my car here overnight many times. From the Wellington T stop take the Orange Line and get off either at North Station or Haymarket T stop and walk to your hotel.

stationlanding.com/StationLandingParkingRate…

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Am thinking Thurs night to Sun night.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Remay28's suggestion would be ideal for you. From the Bulfinich Hotel to Station Landing in Medford it's only a 10 minute drive, in fact it's exactly 4.41 miles per mapquest. It's not bad from the airport either, it's only 8 miles (13 minutes to be exact, give or take a little traffic!) to get to Station Landing in Medford, which is right at the Wellington "T" stop. Then all you have to do is hop on the MBTA orange line (subway) here & get off at either Haymarket or North Station for your hotel.

$5.00 for every 24 hours you're there is a great price for overnight parking. You might want to think about this idea, it's a good one!

Edited: 16 May 2010, 20:17
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

For Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, you can park at International Place on Atlantic Avenue for $9 a day. It's about a 15 minute walk from your hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Another good one is Post Office Square with $9.00 rates every 24 hours as long as you park after 4PM you're fine. It's a very safe parking garage under the park in the Financial District, directly across the street from the Langham Hotel. It's a very clean parking garage as well, so isn't International Place as AlanM suggested, that's a great one too. This one would actually be a shorter walk for you even though they're both located near each other! You can't miss the park the Post Office Square garage is under as it's the prettiest and only one in that whole block, here's more info on it for you:

www.posquare.com

Good luck wherever you decide to park, have a wonderful time. I still like the Station Landing idea myself, that's even cheaper!

Edited: 17 May 2010, 01:27
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

Again, the rates for the Post Office Square Garage also start on Friday night thru Sunday, not during the week. However, International Place is several blocks closer and easier to reach from your hotel.

Edited: 17 May 2010, 02:12
Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking near the Bullfinch Hotel

The Post Office Square garage is the first one you would get to from Congress Street & Merrimac Street where the Bulfinch Hotel is located, it's only about a "16 minute walk".

Walking to the Bulfinch Hotel from the International Place Garage is roughly 20 minutes. Here's info on both:

Walking directions to 107 Merrimac St, Boston, MA 02114

0.9 mi – about 20 mins

Suggested routes

John F Fitzgerald Surface Rd

0.9 mi 20 mins

Congress St

1.0 mi 20 mins

Meyers Parking System

1 International Pl

Boston, MA 02110

(617) 330-5243

1. Head west on High St/N382 toward Purchase St 30 ft

2. Turn right at John F Fitzgerald Surface Rd 0.6 mi

3. Turn left at Haymarket Square 141 ft

4. Continue onto New Sudbury St 95 ft

5. Turn right at Congress St 276 ft

6. Continue onto New Congress St 138 ft

7. Continue onto Merrimac St 0.2 mi

8. Turn right at Causeway St 233 ft

9. Continue onto Lomasney Way

Destination will be on the right 138 ft

107 Merrimac StBoston, MA 02114

Yet, walking from the Post Office Square Garage is about 4 minutes less, just so you know, according to maps used online:

Walking directions to 107 Merrimac St, Boston, MA 02114

0.8 mi – about 16 mins

Suggested routes

Congress St

0.8 mi 16 mins

Post Office Square Garage & Park

Post Office Square

Boston, MA 02109

(617) 423-1500

1. Head northwest on Pearl St toward Milk St 207 ft

2. Continue onto Post Office Square 276 ft

3. Turn right at Congress St 0.4 mi

4. Turn right at New Chardon St 56 ft

5. Turn left at Merrimac St 0.2 mi

6. Turn right at Causeway St 233 ft

7. Continue onto Lomasney Way

Destination will be on the right 138 ft

107 Merrimac StBoston, MA 02114

I'd still go to Station Landing in Medford, but that's me saving a few bucks more!