We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Renaissance

Boston...
Level Contributor
109 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast at Renaissance

Heard its pricey...where else can we grab breakfast. Staying there on the 4th of July....

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
548 reviews
from US$89.10*
US$99.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour...
1,007 reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
459 reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
636 reviews
from US$76.00*
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

You're in a tough area for breakfasts. Unless you want to eat in another section of town, I would enjoy the hotel breakfast.

Boston...
Level Contributor
109 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

We're happy to subway it or walk as long as we have coffee first!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

A lot of people like Flour's.

http://flourbakery.com/

There's also South Street Diner, if you don't mind a really greasy spoon.

http://www.southstreetdiner.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
109 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

Thanks, Flour bakery looks great!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

Around the corner from the Renaissance Hotel at 1 Park Lane is J. Pace. They have coffee with pastry or danish specials a lot of days. GO there first if you want something in a hurry, good for lunch too here:

www.jpaceandson.com

Another thing you could do is take your time in the morning and at 10AM the Institute of Contemporary Art's "Water Cafe" opens their doors. Closed on Mondays though. It's Wolfgang Pucks cafe, so there's a lot of interesting things on his menu & also the views from this cafe are GREAT of Boston Harbor.

As mentioned, Flours is quite good on Farnsworth Street near the Children's Museum & McDonald's off of Congress Street.

You could hop in a taxi from the hotel and head to Terrie's Place at 676 E. Broadway. It's really small, not breakfast at the Ritz or anything like that, they have things like Irish Benedict & waffles on their menu and homemade bread for their french toast. The cuisine is delicious, hot and the service is quick, although usually there's a line, so be prepared, it moves pretty quick though. Plus, that's a sign that it's a good place to go for breakfast! Some times the counter is better than the tables, you'll have it orchestrated by Terrie herself and you'd get a kick out of it. It's only about a mile from the Renaissance Hotel up Summer Street to L & then the cab will take a right and it's between Emerson & I Street. Not a far walk at all from the hotel!

Another good one is the "Dry Dock Cafe" at 7 Dry Dock Avenue especially good for their $10 seafood specials BUT quite good for breakfast here. You'll see a lot of police, firemen & local politicians here a lot of times. You could even walk there from the Renaissance Hotel, it's not far at all. Head toward the Black Falcon Terminal by taking a right along Northern Avenue instead of going toward downtown Boston and at the very end past the parking garages and past the Pavilion complex, you'll come to a stop sign, turn right & across the street you'll see the Dry Dock Cafe. Here's their menu so you can see what you're going to get, if you go here!

…menupages.com/restaurants/dry-dock-cafe/menu

Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 17 May 2010, 23:36
Boston...
Level Contributor
109 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

Thanks so much...lots of good advice!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

"As mentioned, Flours is quite good on Farnsworth Street near the Children's Museum & McDonald's off of Congress Street."

No Mo,

This MCDonald's is now an Au Bon Pain yet another place the OP could for breakfast.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

Thanks Remay, you wouldn't believe how many times I drove by that street too near the Children's Museum & I KNEW that McDonald's changed to an Au Bon Pain and still I have it in my head that it didn't. I do that a lot lately with landmarks that were there for years in downtown Boston!

Thank you again for that Remay!

Edited: 18 May 2010, 03:56
9. Re: Breakfast at Renaissance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 07:19