We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BAC
9 posts
Save Topic
Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

Hi, I hope to visit Boston for the first time for a week in Sept and as hotel accommodation prices are prohibitive for singles I want to make sure that the "good deal" at the Radisson is really a good deal - location (shopping and usual tourist sights) and safety wise. Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

The main shopping areas in the city are located in Back Bay, around Copley Square. If by "the usual tourist spots", you mean the Freedom Trail, etc., then that's more in the Faneuil Hall and Waterfront Areas. If you're concerned, then you may feel better in the Back Bay, although the city in general is pretty safe in all the tourist related areas.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

You don't say what your exact dates are but September is one of the priciest times of the year ... business moves into high gear and the weather is such that we still attract a lot of tourists especially those who want to avoid school kids or who want to spend a few days in Boston and take advantage of lower prices in nearby locations like Cape Cod .....

What are your dates and how much are you hoping to pay, per night? . It may be a bit too early for Hotwire, but we can may have some suggestions for you.

BAC
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

Hi, thanks for the replies and offer of help, I'm not sure if sites like Hotwire would be a good option as I'll be travelling from Ireland and with the threat of the Icelandic volcano booking through a site with a good cancellation policy might be the best way to go - once bitten!! I just want a hotel that I can walk to most things from and I don't intend being out and about late at night so was hoping the Radisson might be ok as any other options seem very expensive.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

Yes, I think that location is OK. The front of the hotel faces a popular tourist area (Park Square, which is between Back Bay and the Theater District). The Radisson is on the edge of the theater district. It is very busy up until let's say 10 at night or so, and then I might not be that comfortable there. Sounds like you can deal with this. And your hotel is really going towards the nicer end of things -- it's on the edge of Back Bay. I say go for it.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

A group of 4 of us were in Radisson Hotel in late May and early June. I was the one who suggested the hotel. The alternative was Millenium in the Quincey Market area. which is a better location. It lost out as I wasn't sure that it provided free wireless.

My friends and I were totally satisfied with Radisson for the following reasons:

1. good location - approx. 15-min walk to Prudential Centre, if you like shopping; 10-min walk to Paramount deli along Charles St for a delicious, value-for-money breakfast; along the way you'll pass by Public Garden and Boston Common and Beacon St; if you're a great walker, you can stroll to the Freedom Trail from Boston Common.; within walking distance of Copley Square.

2. within easy reach of a few T stations in different directions;

3. attractive lower rates if you book early;

4. friendly, helpful staff;

5. free wireless; and

6. spacious, clean rooms.

Boston is fairly safe even for a single female traveller; I'm a Chinese female from an Asian country and was visiting the US only for the second time and I was going about on my own for 2 days, incl. taking the commuter rail to and from Salem.

6. Re: Radisson Hotel for solo female traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 05:17