We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

Hi all ! My family of 6 ( mom dad kids 10/8/7/3 ) will be in Boston July 1-3. We have our hotel ( doubletree Cambridge ) and we will have our car. Not sure what to hit. Ideas include a duck tour. Science museum OR aquarium ( not both ). Maybe buy stub hub sox tix. Freedom trail. Check out harvard. But I am just not sure. So given the kids ages what ideas do you all have ? What are the "must dos" ? Any thoughts on where to eat ? Thanks in advance.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

We must have been posting at the same time! See the links that I provided for Boston's Harborfest and Navy Week, both happening while you and your family are here. One event, on the day that you arrive, is perfect for children:

16th Annual Boston Harborfest Children's Day - and it's free!

A FREE day of fun and games for children of all ages

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at Boston’s City Hall Plaza

Children’s Day gives everyone the opportunity to celebrate the nation’s birthday with a wide variety of entertaining and educational activities. Join organizations like The USS Constitution Museum, Historic New England and the New England Aquarium to learn something new and exciting about Boston and its history.

Juggling and entertainment by Fly by Night,

Music by Wayne Potash and the Music Fun Band,

Dance performances by The Eleanor Rubino Dancers,

Balloon fun and more!

Everyone will enjoy this festive atmosphere!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

I would definitely consider inserting the Children's Museum into your plans instead of the Science Museum or the Aquarium.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,733 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

A harbor cruise is nice. Even if you don't get tickets to a Red Sox game you can still take a Fenway Park tour.

Laramie, Wyoming
Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

The Science Museum is really geared towards older kids-I agree the Children's Museum would be perfect-my kids are older now so we have not been to the Aquarium in many years, but it's a nice one. The Freedom Trail is wonderful, but again, your kids may be a bit young. The Harborfest Kids day was mentioned and it is really fun. There are boat rides available on the Charles River, which are not too long and may be age appropriate.

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

I am excited to say that I did get tickets to see the sox. That should be fun !

6. Re: 2 1/2 days in Boston Family of 6. What to do ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 05:18