We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is two days/three nights enough in Boston?

Helsingborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Is two days/three nights enough in Boston?

Hi,

We are a couple in our late twenties from Sweden visting Boston and NYC in May and June this year. We arrive in Boston on Mondag May 23 at 18.20 and have to leave for NY very early on Thurs 26 May by bus.

We love shightseeing, shopping and just try and get a good feel for the city. Just relaxing and soak up the atmosphere. Also enjoy nightlife like have a drink and meet new people.

Would our short stay be enough for us och should we try and add another day. Not sure it is possible but will try I you recommend me doing so.

Things I/we need to do in Boston is visit Fenway Park for a tour. Do some shopping in the Red Sox souvenir shop. Walk around Back Bay area and Beacon Hill. Walk the freedom trail. Maybe visit one of the museums. do some more shopping.

We stay at Midtown Hotel on Huntington ave. I think that is failry close most of the main sites.

What��s not to miss Boston except for the already mentioned?

Thanks!

Boston Crawling
Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Boston Pizza Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
The Black Rose
Bars & Clubs, Performances
Improv Asylum
Comedy Clubs, Theatres
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is two days/three nights enough in Boston?

You will have a very busy two days. Boston is full of history and depending upon your interests in the Amreican Revolution you can spend many days soaking it all up. Boston is also a great city for walking and shopping.

The Freedom Trail will capture most of the key historical sights. Huntington Ave puts you close to Fenway Park and the Prudential Center. Take a ride to the Top of the Pru if it is a clear day. Try to book a Duck Tour. The Museum of Art is also on Huntington Ave. Loads of shopping in the Back Bay. Best seafood is Legal Seafood and be sure to get to the North End for Italian.

Acton, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is two days/three nights enough in Boston?

You also may want to take a quick subway ride (Red Line) over to Harvard Square in Cambridge - it's an amazing place. Bustling with people, shops, restaurants, street entertainers, people sunning along the Charles River, etc. Best place in the area for people-watching. It's fun to stroll around Harvard, too. The beauty of Harvard Square is that it's small enough so that if you walk around for half a day, you can feel like you saw most of it ... but the trick is that to have a great time, it really needs to be a good walking day, so hope for a sunny day!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is two days/three nights enough in Boston?

Since you're staying on Huntington, also visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum near the Museum of Fine Arts. It's a big replica of an Italian villa full of great paintings and sculptures, featuring chamber music in the courtyard on mild days. Maybe the wife could do that while the husband hunts down a baseball glove; I remember your earlier post!

From the Midtown it's convenient to the South End, one of the city's trendiest neighborhoods. From the corner by Prudential Station, walk down West Newton St. Stop by the Cyclorama, eat and window-shop along Tremont and Columbus, and check out some of the side streets between those two like Union Park.

More than anything, I think the weather will dictate whether you'd want to stay here another day, though there's enough to experience that another week might not take care of it all! Then again, you don't want to compromise time spent in NYC 'cause you'll undoubtedly need more days there too.

Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is two days/three nights enough in Boston?

If you like museums, you may like to go to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Pls see this web site: gardnermuseum.org/the_museum/introduction.asp

Also, the Natural History Museum within the Harvard university compound is very interesting too. See this page: http://www.hmnh.harvard.edu/

You can have a stroll around the university, before proceeding to spend sometime around Harvard Square in Cambridge with its shops and cafes.

In my last Boston trip, I took a train from Boston to New York. The view from the train when it is reaching New York is great, with the NY cities skylines. When traveling by bus, I think you would not miss these views too.

Actually, I prefer Boston than New York, although New York has great museums and great places of attractions too. I think it is just the atmosphere.

You will love Boston. Have a pleasant trip!