We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dover, PA
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

My son and I will be taking the Ghosts and Graveyards tour on Friday night at 9 PM. Staying at the Royal Sonesta, I am estimating being back to the Lechmere T stop around 11 PM. Is it going to be safe walking at that time of night? If not, could you suggest an alternate stop or mode of transportation? We will have LinkPasses, so I was trying to take advantage of them. Thank you!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

I am familiar with that area and have walked around at night alone. There's not a ton of foot traffic, but the streets are fairly busy and it's well-lit. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,247 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

I agree with Veronica you will be ok its very quiet in that area late night.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
702 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

I agree with the above -- it's definitely not the most bustling area at night, but it's quite safe and this would not be something I'd worry about very much. Just use your normal "street smarts."

If the Ghosts and Graveyards tour really gives you the willies and you don't want to walk, your backup plan could be to take the red line to Kendall Square. There is a Marriott adjacent to the T station that always has taxis waiting, and it would only be about a $6 fare over to the Sonesta.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

Agree with all that's been stated above. We would love to hear back from you regarding Ghosts and Graveyards and any additional information about your trip to Boston. It is not only helpful to those who visit us, but also those of us who dish the advice! Have fun.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

You'll probably be fine.

This whole thread reminds me of a couple of lines from the movie "Witness":

www.imdb.com/title/tt0090329/quotes?qt0346774

6. Re: walking from the Lechmere T stop at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 07:18