We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

I will be in Boston for 1 day, and I am interested in going directly from the airport to a fish market type atmosphere for oysters and lobster(on a tight budget). Would appreciate any suggestions as to the best way to get to desired locations and names of markets or restaurants. I would like to take the subway to a market/restaurant location. Thank you :)

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Since you're on a tight budget, then what I would do is head to the "Yankee Lobster Company" located at 300 Northern Avenue in the heart of the Boston Seaport district, it's a very easy walk from the Seaport World Trade Center, Boston Convention Center, and/or South Station. They're open 7 days a week, they have oysters & lobster dinners as well as various other types of seafood plates. This is a little place inside, but they do have patio seating overlooking the Harbor which is where a lot of people go, so plan accordingly. It's definitely a fish market type place with plenty of atmosphere & you'll enjoy it there, NO doubt about it!

You can check out their menu to see what you're going to get here:

www.yankeelobstercompany.com/directions.htm

Edited: 10 July 2010, 05:07
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Yankee Lobster seems right up your alley, but I'm not sure about getting oysters there. I know they sell them if you order online, but I'm not sure if they will shuck them for you at the market/restaurant. They don't appear on their menu and I've never tried to get them there. I know that James Hook Lobster up the road also sells them, but won't shuck them for you on site. Go figure, but it's true.

If you want to go to Yankee Lobster from the airport it's quite simple. Take the silver line bus from the airport to the silver line way stop. Go left on Congress Street and right oin Northern Ave and Yankee is up on the left.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Durgin Park in Fanuiel Market...Legal Seafood in Cambridge. They may not be cheap but well known.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

If you do want to go to Legal Seafoods, which in my opinion is always a good move, you don't want to go to one of the Cambridge locations. The closest to the airport (not counting the ones in Terminals B and C at the airport itself) is at 225 State Street, next to the Aquarium T station, which is two stops from the airport.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Eat at Neptune in the North End. Then, get a Gelatto..

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

You can get cheap lobster deals at lunchtime at the many Irish Pubs in Boston.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Neptune on a tight budget? LOL.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

Tia's on the Waterfront is offering a lobster special for $13.95 all day, everyday for the summer. I would recommend this place for you. It's located in one of the most popular tourist areas, you can get a little bit of Boston since you have only a limited amount of time here. It's pretty easy to get to from the airport take the Blue line subway from the airport to the Aquarium stop.

I would not usual recommend this place IF you had more time here in Boston. It's generally overpriced for what they serve but if you are getting lobster this is a good deal and easy to get to.

http://www.tiaswaterfront.com/

Edited: 13 July 2010, 15:56
9. Re: 1 day in boston - seafood suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 05:18