We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel

charlotte
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel

If you could stay anywhere in Boston, where would it be? Ritz, Four Seasons or somewhere else? Planning on doing lots of different things, from college visits to touristy things.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Old Town Trolley Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Tuckamore Aviation
City Tours, Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Boston Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, City Tours
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel

If money was not an issue then it would be a toss between Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Boston Harbor Hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel

Even though I live here, for various reasons I've stayed at the "new" Ritz, The Four Seasons, and the "old" Ritz (now the Taj). You can't go wrong with any of them, but for some reason I seem to like the Four Seasons a bit better. You of course get top-notch service, the Bristol Lounge in it is a nice place for a drink and the location right accross from the Common is very nice.

Since it seems like you aren't worried about price, you might want to look into one of the newer luxury hotels in town, too, the Mandarin Oriental. It's in a nice location in the Back Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
429 Reviews
Boston, MA
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel

which is the one that has the Britney Spears themed suite? that would be my choice (just kidding, I know I can google this information!).

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel

If I wanted to be right on the water then the Boston Harbor Hotel. Away from the water I would choose the Four Seasons.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel

I LOVE "old classics" so I'd probaby choose the Fairmont Copley Plaza ... although I must admit I'd like to try out XV Beacon, too.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel

I love the look of the Mandarin..was just there..had tea at L'Esplalier.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel

I would go with the Four Seasons, I think. Perhaps the Taj, though I'm still miffed the Ritz company sold it.

I think the Britney room is gone, but it was at the Onyx Hotel.

8. Re: Best hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 06:17