We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

I think it is the Hotel Marlow on Hotwire for $160 - four star, good, safe location?

boutique, internet, bus center, fitness room

Our other option was three star, quincy area - non-smoking, restaurant, fitness and internet for $165

We'll have a car and parking is an issue.

Edited: 16 July 2010, 13:18
Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

I don't know about those options, but if you are interested in the Sheraton in downtown Boston, we just snagged it on Hotwire, thanks to the help from this forum. 3 1/2 stars Backbay/Copley Square for $89/night! Listed on hotels.com for $269/night!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

I saw that. I can't get anything in that area that inexpensive. How did you know it was the Sheraton?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

I don't fancy the location of Hotel Marlowe..that price is decent not great.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

Thanks for sharing that information; want to be in a fairly decent location .

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

Hotwire 3 1/2 Back Bay is $299/night for my dates.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

How about the Ames - I am thinking 4* - boutique, spa, fitness, restaurant, internet for $180?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

To each her/his own as to location, but the Marlowe is in a perfectly safe area a short walk across the river from the North End, and a shorter walk to the Green LIne. Not a bad location at all in my view, even though it wouldn't necessarily be my first choice for visiting Boston.

My feeling is, unless you have a compelling need to be close to a specific area, go with the best deal you can find in the general vicinity of downtown. It's so easy to get around; why fret?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

The Marlowe is a great hotel and the location is fine. This time of year I would jump at that price. You can easily walk over the lonfellow bridge and be on Charles Street in 15 minutes. There is a boat to catch in the rear of the hotel which goes up the charles and will drop you on the Boston side.

The Sheraton is ok but the location is great.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

Good hotel, location is okay. Don't expect to walk out the door and be right in the middle of the action. Don't expect to walk out it's door and have a T station right there for the trips into Boston. You have to do a little work like walking 15 minutes to accomplish those things. It wouldn't be a big deal to me at all. I would grab it for that price.

It's connected via a walkway to the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall. The hotel uses their parking garage for it's guests. $20 self park with no in/out priviledges or pay $30 valet with in/out. You won't need in/out unless you plan to travel outside the area during the day.

3 star Quincy Market/Financial District is the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill.

Edited: 16 July 2010, 16:43
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Marlow on Hotwire

If the Museum of Science or a Duck Tour are in your plans then this is an ideal location. It's also a nice spot in general during the summer. You can walk around the canal and walk to the Charles River Esplanade. I also think they offer complimentary bicycles and kayaks.