We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

TEXAS
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

Imperial Limo service of Maine was reccomended to me for a pick up at Logan in Boston and a delivery in Kennebunkport Maine. The quoted me $165 for each leg of a round trip. I made reservations two months in advance. We arreived in Boston on time and proceeded to the limo pickup area. We called the service when we touched down and after waiting 30 minutes we called again to inquire as to the status of our car. We finally reached "Imperial" an hour later and they told me that they had to book us with another service "Mike's", but Mike had no record of our reservation. They went on to say that the didn't have any cars available before two hours. Then they called us and said they could have a car immediately for $390, after the had quoted us $165 two months before! We declined the $390 substitute and found a very professional service for much less. Imperial is obviously a broker that works out of the kitchen (I could hear dogs barking and kids crying) their operative Alisa, was not professional and basically told us "tough luck". Don't waste your time with them!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,020 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

... and who recommended them to you, if I may ask?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

if you have documentation, then I would suggest calling the ag's office.

otherwise, take down this post.

$165.00 via limo gets one to downtown Boston. From Boston to Maine, this is a very low price, and if this legit, you get what you pay for.

TEXAS
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

Tell me what you mean by "I got what I paid for" They never showed up and it didn't cost me anything! I had no idea if it was a good price or a bad price. I asked on the Travel Advisor forum for a limo service that would take me from Logan to Kennebunkport and was given the name of Imperial who quoted me $165.00l. I was told by several participants, on the Travel Advisor site, that $165 was a reasonable price. Yes I have documentation and do not plan to take down the post.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

sorry, I missed where someone here advised you to use this company. Make a note, if the person advising you to use a car service, has only a few posts, then they most likely work for that service.

The price for a stretch limo to go to Maine is much higher...when the price is too good to be true, then usally problems do happen.

You should contact trip advisor......you could also call Massport and let them know what happened....all of this will take a few minutes and will help out the next person attempting to use this service.

www.massport.com

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,020 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

When I did a search here for "imperial limo" in all the Forums, the only entry that showed up was this one.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

I asked on the Travel Advisor forum for a limo service that would take me from Logan to Kennebunkport

Is Trip Advisor and Travel Advisor the same thing? Did you pay with a credit card? I'd dispute the charges with my credit card company.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,020 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

There actually is a Travel Advisor website as well, although I had never heard of it up to now. However, I did a search there as well on "Imperial Limo" and there were no hits there either. Hmmm.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

I remember the post on the Maine forum a while back, but cannot find it now. I think the whole thread was removed. Several people tried to help the OP, but the thread took on quite an unfriendly tone.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

I also searched for the thread and couldn't find it. I remember it distinctly, as I mentioned we had used Imperial in the past, but I thought it must have been bought out due to a vastly different website. When we used it three years ago, it was a local operation based out of Biddeford. When I researched it for this poster, that was no longer true. Also, for $165, it wasn't a stretch limo, it was a sedan. However, I cautioned that it was no longer the company we had used and that we had paid more than that when we used it.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Experience With Imperial Limo Service

Note that the OP's post count is 6, but if you look at his profile, it only shows 2. I'm sure the missing 4 were on the now-disappeared Maine forum thread.

CB48, you were so helpful in the original thread, but your help didn't seem to be appreciated and your cautions were either not understood or ignored.

RazorHAWKII, how about helping others and telling us the name of the "very professional service" that you eventually used?