We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner time?

Montreal
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner time?

We're a couple from Montreal visiting Boston for out first time later this month (July). We're thinking of places like Rialto, Neptune Oyster, Dante. What is the typical dinner time for the 30-something crowd in Boston?

Thanks,

Tom

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner time?

Between 7-9-ish, I would say? Maybe a bit earlier on weeknights? Boston's a pretty early city for both dining and nightlife; many restaurant kitchens close by 10 or 11.

Word to the wise, Neptune doesn't take reservations, so it's best to try to go there at off-peak times. It's my favorite "playing hookey from work and having a late lunch" restaurant.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner time?

I would also like to add, having been several times to Montreal, that the Boston dining scene tends to be a rather noisy affair, so be prepared. There are restaurants that offer a very quiet, relaxed atmosphere, but most places it's more festive and you may find yourselves needing to talk quite loudly to hear each other.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner time?

About 8 PM is prime reservation time.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
997 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner time?

Most, not all, good restaurants serve dinner until around 10pm during the week, 11pm on weekends.

5. Re: Dinner time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 06:16