We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European magazines and newspapers

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
European magazines and newspapers

Is there a store that has them from France and Italy or do I need to search in the North End stores individually?

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European magazines and newspapers

Harvard Square is still your best although supposedly the out-of-town news stand right in the center of the square was closing two years ago (makes me realize I probably haven't been to Harvard Square in at least two years, which is weird). Most people just read european magazines and newspapers online now - it's really killing off the import business. I imagine there are places in the north end that have italian magazines and newspapers, still, but I haven't looked for them in ages.

If you get no other suggestions, you could go to Schoenhof's bookstore in Harvard Square and see what they have there:

http://www.schoenhofs.com/

if they don't carry periodicals (haven't been there in ages either ) you could ask who does nearby, or anywhere in the Boston area.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: European magazines and newspapers

Aren't they available in Detroit?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: European magazines and newspapers

I was thinking of Out of Town News but apparently they closed up shop.

Edited: 24 July 2010, 20:44
Boston
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: European magazines and newspapers

I think Out of Town News is still there. They came pretty close to closing a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure they didn't. I drive by there every week or two and I'm pretty sure they are open. If they are open that is your best bet. It is right in the middle of Harvard Square and is a landmark. Maybe you should call them first to make sure they are open and have what you want.

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: European magazines and newspapers

Out of Town News is still open.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: European magazines and newspapers

Pretty sure no french news in North End -only Italian. But, if you go to whichever end is the French one, you may have better luck.

Hey, I just searched "foreign newspapers Boston" and one of the first suggestions was this.

yelp.com/topic/boston-where-can-i-get-intern…

Anything else we can do? :)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: European magazines and newspapers

We do frequent a few ethnic stores where we find them, but they are really dated (several months old) and the selection is very limited to two or three.

Newslaw - You just showed me a new feature; didn't know you could do that on Yelp; thanks for the tip and education.

Edited: 25 July 2010, 13:59
8. Re: European magazines and newspapers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 06:16