We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upmarket trendy restaurant

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
upmarket trendy restaurant

i am looking for an upmarket trendy restaurant - really the place to be seen i boston for a friday night in august- any suggestions would be helpful to me

also any other recommendations for great restaurants in boston and bars

thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
6,675 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

Well I don't know if it's the place to be seen, but the Market restaurant in the new W Hotel is trendy and the food and service is very good and the prices aren't too bad considering the quality of both.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

The restaurants (think there are two) at the Liberty Hotel -- lots of celebrity sightings there. I hear. And the Ames Hotel seems to be getting some press, but I don't know much about the restaurant there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

Both good recommendations. I think the whole "scene" at The Liberty is what you're looking for, and the food is quite good! It's basically a hotel that turns itself into an upscale nightspot with mostly well heeled clientele mingling and discussing their latest yacht purchases....and where to berth it to keep from paying luxury taxes on it.

Edited: 31 July 2010, 05:26
NYC
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

Sel De La Terre at the Harbor/Waterfront is a very classy French Restaurant that I absolutely love to eat at. They have their burger as Boston's #1. Very fresh raw oysters. I go there every week and truly recommend it.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

Toro in the South End has great food (tapas) and is always crowded, even on a Sunday night. More of a cool hipster/arty vibe than super high end, but extremely popular. I would agree with the W suggestion, the lobby bar there is definitely upmarket trendy. Ditto the Liberty Hotel. The upstairs lobby is a "sceney" lounge on the weekends; downstairs is another bar, Alibi, and Scampo restaurant, which has great food. The hotel is in an old jail and Alibi is located in the former "drunk tank". Another suggestion for upmarket trendy is Sorellina in the Back Bay; I love the inside and the food is good. These are all the places we go when we are in a "see and be seen" mood.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

I don't know if they are upmarket enough, but maybe The Gallows or Coppa?

Menton probably fits the bill if "upmarket" means more formal.

7. Re: upmarket trendy restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 06:17