We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

Conway, South...
8 posts
Save Topic
Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

I'm a single (straight) guy from Myrtle beach & I was want ing to plan a trip/getaway to Boston & it wil cost me around $750 between the hotel & plane ticket..I will be traveling alone & my first time in a big city & wondering if Boston is worth it?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,213 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

YES!!! Boston would be a great "first city".

The best thing about Boston is that it's a city but not a HUGE city. It is somewhat compact and very walkable. And if you get tired of walking there is the easy-to-use, reasonably priced subway known as the T. This lots of history and several ways to get aquainted with the city such as a Duck Tour or a Trolley Tour or a Walking tour.

http://bostonducktours.com/

www.historictours.com/boston/default.htm

http://www.bostonbyfoot.org/

If you have found airline ticket and 3 nights lodging IN BOSTON for $750, it's not just "worth it" it could be a bargain, depending on what time of year you visit,

Tell us when you're thinking of taking this trip and we'll give you more information. Also, be sure to check the hotel reviews and don't hestitate to ask us more questions.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,770 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

Yes, it would be worth it.

Conway, South...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

Im planning on leaving Monday Aug 23 & leave the evening of Thursday Aug 26..im planning on seeing the Redsox play Seatle on Tuesday night..after that idk yet..I have never ridden a subway so this will all be a new experience..Im planning on stayin in the Hampton Inn -Boston Logan Airport

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,213 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

Do you already have tickets to that game? If not, then somebody will tell you how to best get them. They aren't always easy to get, but it's been a bit easier this year ....

If you are staying at the Hampton Inn you will learn to use the subway ;) They have a shuttle bus that will bring you to the airport where you can get the T. (Blue line or Silver Line). I've also seen the bus at a casual Italian restaurant in East Boston which is very near to the Wood Island stop on the Blue Line.

To get from the Hampton to Fenway Park, you would get on a Blue LIne "inbound" train and get off at Government Center. Then get on any Green line train marked 'B - Boston College' or 'C - Cleveland Circle' or 'D - Riverside' , get off at Kenmore Station and follow the crowds to Fenway Park.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,287 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

Just make sure when you get back to the Airport station that you call the Hampton Inn so they can send the shuttle too the subway.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,770 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

The Boston subway is really easy to use. Just mind the direction you are going (as defined by end-of-line stop and you won't get lost.) Once you get the hang of it you will go all over the place. Boston is very walkable, too.

Conway, South...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

Ok cool because that has been one of my worries was commuting on the subway it would be all new to me..plus what are some things to do in boston other than the freedom trail & fenway?

Boston
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

If your a foodie there is the Michele Topur tour in the North End - always a great place to walk around. Also, think about taking the boat shuttle up to Salem for a day - its fun town with lots to see and do. Boston is full of great museums one of my favorites the the Isabella Gardner Musem, plus the Aquairum is great along with the Museum of Science besure to check out the Mugar Theater while there. Have fun!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,770 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

There's a fast boat ride called the Codzilla that you might like. Leaves from Long Wharf. The Blue Man Group is also a good take in.

There are lots of things to do, but it depends on your interests.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is a 4 day, 3 night trip to Boston worth it?

You can easily hit the highlights in three days depending on your pacing. You won't see every nook and cranny, but you would be very satisfied. We had about 3.5 days and found we saw and did loads.