We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

Hi guys

The proposed strikes which were due to wreck my trip have been called off, I am so relieved andcan get on with my last minute planning :-)

Just booked Panza for dinner one night :-)

Are you guys aware of any pubs that my husband and I could go to where we would be able to get a seat at a table and is dimly lit with candles on the table. I love these types of places they're nice and chilled to have a few beers after a long day of sightseeing.

Do any exist? We are staying at the Sheraton.

Also are there any decent pubs for food in the evening around Quincy Market area?

Thanks

Clare

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

There are lots of dimly lit pubs around Faneuil Hall. Any other criteria besides that?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

Well I am partial to Belgium / German Beers but I might be pushing it??

We don't want anywhere that will be so packed that we have to stand.

Background music or live bands would be nice also.

Clare

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

There are a half dozen pubs on Union Street (between Faneuil Hall and the Union Oyster House) that I think would make you happy. Or you could check them all out.

Edited: 17 August 2010, 00:44
Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

On a weekend night, the Faneuill Hall bars get pretty frat party-like by 10 pm, though--it's not a low-key scene at all. What night of the week are you talking about?

I wonder if some place like the Last Hurrah in the Parker House hotel or the Vintage Lounge in the Financial District might be more up your alley?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

No candlelight, but Bukowski's Tavern is steps from your hotel and has a very good beer selection. Lots of character at this longtime Boston hole in the wall. Great burgers here. Be brave, spin the beer wheel. Cash only.

It sounds like you're looking for something like the Champagne Lounge @ Rumba. Very dark, very upscale, candlelit tables. It's pricey, and it's located at the InterContinental Hotel if interested. Take the T to South Station and it's a very short walk up Atlantic Ave.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

The Friday Night Sing-a-Longs at Jacob Wirth's are fun, and Lucky's Lounge has Sinatra Saturday nights. Not even sure if you'll be here on the weekend or not, and it's really not what you're asking for, but I thought I'd throw those two out there anyways.

Edited: 17 August 2010, 05:51
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will be in Boston Fri 3rd - Tue 7th.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

Are you at the Sheraton on Saton or Sate Street?

If on Dalton -

Bukowski's is a great bar and worth a visit, not really a pub.

Near the Sheraton is Solas in the Lenox Hotel, Vox Populi and Lir are on Boylston. Other favorites are The Otherside for beer selection - Newbury St and Mass Ave - and Crossroads - Mass Ave and Commonwealth or Beacon. Sonsie on Newbury is a great stop. All are within walking distance of the Sheraton.

For a treat, go to the Oak Bar in the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Great old bar with a piano or jazz trio playing.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

Saton would be Dalton Street. Don't know how that happened. Too funny.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: I am coming to Boston...Pub Help

What other Sheraton in Boston is there?