We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Boston

Hello,

We are going to be staying at the Omni Parker House, on school street in boston, and I wanted to find out what are some good breakfast places to hit up. We love all types of food, whether an intimate cafe, or a more busy and loud type of place. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and budget is anything from $10-$30 per person.

thanks, jen

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Boston

The restaurant at the Parker is quite historic, so a meal there would be great experience, although I'd favor dinner over breakfast. There are several places that serve breakfast further down Tremont Street across from the Boston Common. Or The well-known Paramount on Charles Street, on the other side of Beacon Hill.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Boston

We stayed at the Parker House last summer, and our favorite place for breakfast was the Delicato Café, right around the corner. The food is great, and the folks who serve it are very friendly. It's tucked away on City Hall Avenue (which looks rather like an alley), off of School Street. Here's the website, which includes the menus for breakfast and lunch:

http://www.delicatocafe.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Boston

At least once head to the Paramount, you will enjoy breakfast there immensely. You aren't far from the North End, you could walk down to Theo's Cozy Corner located at 162 Salem Street. Another good one I'm hearing about lately is Contrata's at 396 Hanover Street.

In the Faneuil Hall Marketplace there's this place called "Philadelphia Steak & Hoagie". For $2.99 you can get 3 eggs, home fries & toast. Where can you go for $2.99 and get that, I ask you! I guess it's really good, a lot of people are catching on to this place lately!

I know you didn't ask about lunch, but where you're staying at the Omni Parker House any way, look for Chacarero's for an awesome Chilean sandwich, (try their chicken first, they're awesome). It's not too far from the Omni Parker House at all, in fact it's at 26 Province Street @ Ordway Place. At lunch time there's long lines, but it moves pretty quick.

Have a wonderful time in Boston!

Edited: 22 August 2010, 13:48
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Boston

Agree with everyone. Cafe Delicato is super close to the Omni. Not open on weekends so keep that in mind if it applies.

Paramount is really good and open on the weekends too. It would be a pretty long (20-25 minute) walk from the Omni.

Take a right out of the Omni and Bruegger's Bagel Bakery is down on the left about a 3 minute walk. Right next to the Old Corner Bookstore.

And of course, there's Dunkin Donuts all around. There's one up on Tremont Street heading towards Gov't Center. Maybe a block or two from the Omni.

5. Re: Breakfast in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 06:41