We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have left this late but can you help

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
19 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
I have left this late but can you help

My three children (adult) and a friend will be in Boston from Aug 27th to Aug 30th 2010 (next weekend). My sons are attending the UFC fight. I didn't realize the price of hotels would be so high. When I visited last year (several times) I bid on a downtown 4 star and got it for 75.00. I am wondering if there are less expensive options near a subway line on the outskirts of the city. I am also wondering if you have ideas where we could park if we stay farther away but drive our car into the city. Any help is appreciated

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have left this late but can you help

Have you tried the Mid-Town (it's got either Hotel or Inn in the name) in Boston on Huntington - It's very reasonable. If you are looking at less than $75.00 you will probably have a hard time finding anything even in the surrounding areas. also consider if you are driving in, parking can be very expensive which will add to your costs. The Common garage is not outrageous - right under the Boston Common. keep trying priceline and ask for Copley Square area - lots of hotels so you may get something - we got the Back Bay for $75 a few months ago

jhgrady

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I have left this late but can you help

Hi,

Yes, you did leave this late, and I'm afraid you will have a very big, if not impossible, task ahead of you to stay anywhere in the city or close by the city for $100 or less.

The problem you have is you'll be here when all the college freshmen are moving into their new schools. Parents help them move in and end up booking hotel rooms and stay for a few days. Add to that the usual tourists in town plus the usual business conventions plus any sporting events like the big UFC event and it's easy to see why the hotel rooms get gobbled up.

I looked on Hotwire and the best I could find in the city was the Westin Boston Waterfront for $139. It's not in the heart of the city, but in the South Boston Waterfront neighborhood. The Silver Line provides service between the hotel, the airport and South Station where the subway is located.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I have left this late but can you help

Not sure if this is something you would consider, but The #1 rated hotel in Boston, The Lenox, is available from the 27-30 for $209/night using the TZOO promotion code when reserving on the hotel website. This discount is a substantial savings over rack rate.

4 star Back Bay hotel with fantastic customer service.

4. Re: I have left this late but can you help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 05:17