We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

Hi, I am going on a shopping tour to Boston next spring. I want to visit one of the outlets but am wondering which one is better, the Wrentham Village or the Kittery Premium Outlets in Maine ?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

If you don't have a car, then the only choice is Wrentham. There is a daily bus package there.

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

I plan to rent a car at least for this trip.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

If you are planning on seeing the Maine coast or have other sites you wish to visit, then Kittery is a good choice. Otherwise, Wrentham probably makes more sense since it's closer and Massachusetts' sales tax on clothes is much more favorable than Maine's.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

Definitely Wrentham because there is no sales tax on clothing in Massachusetts. If you purchase one item that costs in excess of $175, then a sales tax applies; the assumption being that it's a luxury item. The sales tax on clothing in Maine is something around 7%, which really adds up.

Cambridge, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

Both are good, but Kittery is DEFINITELY a lot bigger and has more choices. I have had better luck finding good deals at Kittery but I think you will be fine with both.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

An important difference between the 2 locations: Wrentham Village is one mall with one parking lot. In Kittery, the outlets are located on both side of a long stretch of busy Route One. Just so that you are aware that if you visit the Kittery Outlets, you will have to drive between the various smaller outlet malls and park your car at each one.

Here are the links for the 2 locations, if you haven't looked at them already. Perhaps seeing the stores at each location will help you determine which is best for you.

Wrentham: www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

Kittery: www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

I'd go with Wrentham. We used to make yearly pilgrimages to Kittery and it is great, but exhausting. You have to get there early (before 10), get a parking spot and plan to leave the car there all day - you can't really move it and expect to get another spot. So, you have to go back & forth to drop off your packages. As Southiegirl noted above you have to walk along the highway to the other shopping areas. As for Wrentham, get there early, and turn left when you arrive as the right side of the (huge) parking lot tends to fill up first.

Edited: 26 October 2010, 18:26
N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

If you're only going to shop then Wrentham gets my vote. I think they have good bargains and I like the fact that once you get there, you park the car and that's it. Kittery involves driving from place to place.

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

Thank you all for your input, seems like Wrentham is the place to go for us.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wrentham village or Kittery Premium Outlets Maine ?

Strictly shopping- probably add my vote to the Wrentham team.

But, if you can leave some sight seeing time, then Kittery as the ME and NH coast and maybe dinner in Portsmouth can be very special.

By the way, I have a size 17 neck and love bass shoes.