We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Trip

Anna.TX
3 posts
Save Topic
Boston Trip

My husband and I are travelling to Boston and staying at Marriott copley place in huntington avenue. Can someone let us know, which are the other streets which are adjacent or parallel or at walking distance from here and the relevance of those streets. For instance, like how far is washington street from huntington ave etc.

Also, is the older parts of the city (historic relevance) close to the hotel and how to get around to them.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Trip

The Marriott is located between St. Botolph St. and Huntington Ave, approximately. On one side is the Prudential Center, and on the other side is the start of the South End.

How far? Do you mean strictly distance, walking time, T time? What part of Washington St.? I'll assume you mean Downtown Crossing? That's about 1.5 miles or so, roughly. It's probably a 30 minute walk, I'd guess.

Now that I've tried to directly answer your question, I'll answer what I assume you want to know...that is, "how well located is my hotel"? Boston is a small, compact city. Any of the "older parts" of the city (again, I'm guessing here, but I'll assume Beacon Hill and the North End??) are going to be at most a 40 minute walk, or a 20 minute T ride or a 10 minute taxi ride away.

Depending on the weather, your stamina, your desire for walking, etc., you can probably walk to everything you want to see. The one possible exception being Harvard Sq, which may be about 3 miles or so. But even there, you could certainly walk to Harvard if you were ambitious. I've walked from Harvard Sq to the South End, near your hotel, in an hour or so.

The only way you will NOT want to travel is by rental car. Taxis are expensive, but distances are generally short, so you could easily go that route as well. If you are both at all fit and the weather cooperates, you probably should plan to bring really comfortable walking shoes and walk as much as possible.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Trip

I agree, your hotel is in a very good location. Both in terms of what's in the immediate vicinity, and in terms of getting to some of the good tourist areas around Boston. You will be in Copley Square, which also has a subway stop ("Copley") on the Green Line. The neighborhood your hotel is in, is called Back Bay. Have a good trip.

3. Re: Boston Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 06:52