We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

My son, daughter and I are going to the Patriots game next weekend. We are arriving on Friday afternoon and are looking for things to do on Saturday...we are staying at the Residence Inn in Norwood...my children are both adults..How far away is Boston? We were thinking of the Trolley Tour or going to Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Any suggestions would be helpful...Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

As long as there are no sink holes and light traffic, it should take about a half an hour to drive in. I think a Trolley Tour is a good idea as you will see more of the city. You can stop off at Faneuil Hall when you do that loop. Areas that may interest the family are Beacon Hill, the North End, Newbury Street.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,999 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

Assuming you'll have a car, I'd recommend driving in and parking at the Boston Common underground garage. It's only $11 for all day Saturday. You can buy trolley tix near the visitors' center on the Common or I'm pretty sure you can purchase tickets on-board. All the trolley companies stop in front of the state house which is on the corner of the common.

I've taken the Old Towne Trolley and liked it.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

A couple Saturdays ago i was in Boston to see Rock of Ages. We arrived at around noon time and there was no parking available in the Common garage. I don't know if this happens frequently on the weekends.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

I also agree that driving into Boston from Norwood is the best plan of attack. The weekends have far less traffic and much better parking rates.

The Boston Common Underground Garage is a very good choice for a Saturday. It's impossible to say whether or not it will be full when you arrive, but the earlier you arrive, the better chance of finding a spot there. If there's no parking available there, then don't despair. There's plenty of garages around the city, and most will offer reasonable weekend rates.

If you do want to take a trolley tour of the city, then consider purchasing your tickets online. You'll save a few bucks that way.

The nice thing about the trolley tour is that it's an all day tour. Well, not really all day, but from 10:30 to 3:30. That should give you plenty of time to cruise around Boston, and the hop off, hop back on feature is nice. What else is nice is the free, 45 minute Harbor Cruise which affords you nice skyline views from the Harbor, plus a trip over to see the USS Constitution.

By the way, one of the stops on the tour is the Aquarium/ Faneuil Hall Marketplace, so just hop off and visit, then catch another trolley wen you're ready to move on.

http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

Thank you all so much for your help.Does anyone have the address of this underground garage so I can put it in our GPS? I am so looking forward to this trip. Even though I am from Pa, I am a huge Patriots fan.

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

How did you like Rock of Ages? We saw it in NYC and loved it. Unfortunately we did not get to see Constantine Maroulis. His last night on Broadway was the night before we went...regardless, it was awesome. We actually considered driving to Boston to see it, but it didn't work out. Hope you enjoyed it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

Should be a great game this coming weekend!

The Boston Common Underground Garage is located at 0 Charles Street, 02108. If your GPS doesn't accept that address, then type in 101 Boylston Street and that will take you right to where Charles Street is and the garage is on the right. Charles Street separates Boston Common and the Boston Public Garden.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

And in case you want a printed version of directions to the Common Garage, these are good... http://www.massconvention.com/bcg_dir.html

9. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 14:51
Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things To Do While In Town For Patriots Game

If you want to avoid the traffic headaches associated with traveling to/from Gillette you can take the train from Norwood Central:

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/patriots/