We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this website legit?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Is this website legit?

After being a regular on the New York City forum over the summer, I am well versed in the various ‘scams’ about apartment rentals and illegal bed and breakfasts in that city. I am at the very early stages of researching a New England trip for September next year and have realised that Boston is a pretty expensive city for accommodation. I have come across this website: bnbboston.com/locations/boston/south-end/par… it seems to have some really reasonably priced B&B’s on it. Some of which get good reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is too early for me to book, so this is more curiosity than anything, but are these B&B’s on the level? The prices seem too good to be true!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this website legit?

Hi

Yes, bnbboston is a legitimate website, and Park View B&B is a legitimate place.

I don't know much about the Park View, but I can tell you it's more like staying at a very nice Guest House then a true B&B. The homeowners only have 2 rooms for purchase, and 1 of those rooms is really just an auxillary room to the main guest room. I think that's why you see it show up for a good rate, and I think it's a steal. I wouldn't wait too long to book it since the availability calendar seems pretty full, so people are definitely discovering this particular place.

It's located in a very good area. Right in the block of Tremont, Dartmouth, W. Canton and Montgomery streets in the trendy South End neighborhood. There are lots of little boutique shops, drug stores, wine shops, bakeries, breakfast places, and some of the best restaurants in Boston right in the immediate area. South End is quieter then the Back Bay, but has more of a neighborhood feel, which is nice.

All the action in the Back Bay is just a 15 minute walk, the Back Bay T station about a 10 minute walk, and you can also take the bus that will take you to Boston Common and the Downtown.

So, think of it as a nice, little neighborhood with easy access to sightseeing the rest of the city.

Edited: 19 November 2010, 21:12
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this website legit?

Thanks a million for that reply Will, we won't be booking accomodation for a little while (haven't booked flights yet!) but it eases my mind that there is affordable accomodation out there as we will be on quite a budget. Thanks again!

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this website legit?

Hi MCMC,

In Boston do consider the North End (great Italian district) as well as the Harvard/Cambridge areas. Getting around on the 'T' the light railway in the city is a breeze....

4. Re: Is this website legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:19