We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrentham Outlet

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wrentham Outlet

Hi

Only 8 more sleeps until our trip- woohoo!! This has probably been asked before but i haven't the patience to read through loads of old posts many of which are outdated. Anyway bearing in mind the $40 cost to visit the outlet would you recommend it. We are hoping to do a lot of shopping in Boston for trainers, jeans, make-up and anything else we can cram in our suitcases. Thanks for your help. :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
382 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrentham Outlet

If you plan to do some serious shopping and you want some good mid-high end bargains then it's certainly a good place to go. But it also depends on how much time you're spending in Boston and what your primary reason for visiting is. I don't tend to shop for fun very often, so if I were you I would do all the sightseeing and then see if I have time for it, but everyone is different and it really comes down to how you like to spend your time.

I definitely wouldn't go on the weekend, it gets incredibly crowded. Week days should be ok.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrentham Outlet

As Lou indicated, unless you're really going to seriously shop, it's hard to imagine you'd save enough to justify the bus trip cost, never mind the time itself.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrentham Outlet

Thanks for the replies guys. We are heading to Boston for a week and whilst we aim to primarily see the sights and enjoy the city we do hope to do some serious shopping. Even with the exchange rate a lot of things are still cheaper in the US than here. Will play it by here and visit the main shopping areas first. Thanks again ;-}

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrentham Outlet

Holiday Babe - I'm sure you're not listening to a word we say, and why should you - 90% of all men DON'T LIKE SHOPPING. Haha! We hear the word "shopping" and we instantly start saying, "no", "don't go", lol.

The only thing I can tell you about the Outlet is that it's extremely popular with all you Irish and UK folks. So, something tells me you'll end up going and shopping until you drop! :)

The advice to avoid going on the weekend is GREAT advice. Stick to a weekday WHEN you go.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrentham Outlet

GO for it!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrentham Outlet

WOW. Shopping at Wrentham is NOTHING like shopping downtown. Huge deals. Totally different from downtown shopping. See if you can get a cheap car rental on Priceline or Hotwire even. Very good deals down there. Sign up for the VIP lounge and print up the coupons, which are even higher than the discounts on the coupon book that you can also get with a VIP club coupon. (It's all on the Wrentham website). I'm an Irish American and it amazes me how many Irish Irish people I find down there, looking like me but sounding totally different! :) And trailing suitcases of stuff behind them!

Have a great trip.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrentham Outlet

...also agree: avoid it on weekends. I try to go midweek for the best conditions. It can be super crowded. Locals go there, plus all these people from out of town. Weekdays are best.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrentham Outlet

Honestly I don't love the outlets. If the weather is inclement its not fun shopping as everything is outdoors. There are some deals to be found but I can also do well in the clearance areas of all fine stores. In Boston on Boylston St. I love Filenes Basement and Marshalls.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrentham Outlet

Fillene's Basement has been closed for years, unfortunately!

If you stay in Boston, there is also TJ Maxx to check out But overall, the Wrenthan Outlet is your best bet I think. I live near there and like everyone says, avoid the weekends like the plague. You will waste so much time shuffling around and waiting endlessly to grab a snack when you get hungry. Midweek, mid day before everyone gets out of work is better. The weather right now is very much like Irish weather but do keep in mind that the Outlet is all outdoor so if you go on a cold day, be bundled up! The winds howl through there pretty strongly.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wrentham Outlet

The Original Filene's Basement in downtown crossing is closed but there is a branch in the Back Bay. You can enter from either Boylston Street or Newbury.

I just heard that it took one of the TV camera crews two hours to get OUT of the parking lot at Wrentham Outlets.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/