We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox Ticket Question

England
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Red Sox Ticket Question

Hi

Off to Boston this summer and am looking for tickets for a red sox game. I can get $70 tickets for infield grandstanfe 29 row 12

is this a decent enough area to sit ?

The tickets are through stubhub , I take it there legit , no problems with buying through them ? it does not give the seat numbers

Any help would be great

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Sox Ticket Question

Section 29 is in the far back of the Grandstand between the infield and outfield. The seats are "decent". Here's where the seating chart is located:

stadiumseatingchart.info/wp-content/uploads/…

Stubhub is very reliable. They probably can't give you seat numbers yet because they don't actually have the tickets yet.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Sox Ticket Question

StubHub is official Red Sox reseller, so you are all right.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Sox Ticket Question

Here's the more current map of Fenway: …mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

That's not too inflated a price. There will be some spots of the field you can not see from there. Go to preciseseating.com and key in the information you have and that will give you a decent idea. The thing about grandstand seats are you and I can be sitting in the same row. Depending on my seat number, I could have my view blocked slightly by a pole, and you could have a clear view.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Sox Ticket Question

Mahj, I once sat directly behind a pole in the infield Grandstand, and my view was more then slightly blocked. It was terrible. We ended up vacating the seats, and watched the game from the SRO behind homeplate.

Most Infield Grandstand seats are fine, but those pesky poles (no pun intended) do infringe on your view if you're in the wrong seat(s). It ranges from slightly obstructed as Mahj described to severely obstructed, like the seat I once sat in.

Do use the website Mahj gave you, preciseseating. com to punch in your info and get a computer generated view from the seat, plus other info, like whether or not the seat is obstructed, what the obstruction level is, and what parts of the field won't be visible.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Sox Ticket Question

This is one of the better seating charts

http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php

At the end, it does ask for seat numbers but you could try a few different ones and you will get an idea of what they will be like.

6. Re: Red Sox Ticket Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 09:18