We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
270 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

Hi,

I am considering parking at the off site lots of either Thrifty or Pre - Flight. Do their shuttles really run as they claim - every 10 minutes? Are the lots safe & secure? I am wondering if it is worth the savings to use either of these lots or if I should just use the long term lot at Logan? We will be parking for 5 days. Our return flight gets into Logan at 10:30pm Any advice?

Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

Check the rates to make sure you are saving anything over parking at the Airport Long-Term Lot.

Edited: 31 January 2011, 00:35
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

Both are fine.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

We use Thrifty all the time - never a problem. Lots are safe & secure - they will even detail your car while you're gone. They give you a phone # to call or text when you get off the plane. The longest we ever had to wait was about 15 minutes, usually it is the 10 minutes. I highly recommend it . Here is a link for a discount if decide to go with them.

longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpthriftybos.htm

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

What is the price for each?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

I think preflight runs better than they advertise.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

The Economy Lot in the Airport is $18 a day or $108 a week. Most of the other off-airport lots charge about the same. The difference is that sometimes they offer coupon discounts off of that. To me, for a couple of dollars difference, I'd prefer being right at the Airport. But that's just me.

Edited: 31 January 2011, 19:34
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

We paid $87.00 for one week at thrifty with the coupon

Indonesia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

Hi, it will be my first time to try to rent with Thrifty. I wonder whether the pick up and the drop off location is far from the terminal. Does Thrifty have a frequent buses, say 10 minutes each?

Last time I had Hertz, the drop off location shuttle is relatively near> around 10 minutes by their bus.

Many thanks

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
270 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

HI Erwan -

The Thrifty mentioned in this post is the parking lot. Not exactly sure how Thrifty car rental operates but I would imagine that they work in the same manner as Hertz.

As for long term parking I just wanted to mention that Pre-Flight is offering large discounts but BEWARE it is not easy to get to their lot with the Chelsea Bridge closed! The bridge is schedule to be closed until late November 2011. We just parked there two weeks ago and it was a HELLISH experience! I would stay far away from the PreFlight long term parking. We barely made our flight because of detours and the slowest shuttle to the airport ever - I had allowed 2 hours of a window to park the car, check bags & get to the gate. Had I not allowed a 2 hour window we would have missed our flight - we were the last folks on the plane.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,725 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Logan Parking - PreFlight or Thrifty?

I would go with Thrifty the shuttles run about every 11 minutes.