We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fairmont copley plaza

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
fairmont copley plaza

I understand there is some construction going in front of the fairmont(not inside). Could anyone give me an idea of how large it is or even if it is still there...thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: fairmont copley plaza

Before the snows came, they had been doing a little work in the park area in front of the Copley Plaza, but I can't imagine how that would be an impact on you staying there. Why don't you ask whoever told you about what they meant?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fairmont copley plaza

If it is the fencing in Copley Square park that concerns you, it will be there until spring. They reseeded the lawn after it was destroyed by some special events that set tents on the space. Now they have to protect the lawn area as the reseeding takes.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fairmont copley plaza

There is scaffolding and covering along the entire Copley Square facade of the the hotel but it is only one story high and pedestrian access seems to be maintained for the entire length. I've seen it (most recently Feb 5) but haven't gone over to check it out so I don't know exactly what they are doing. It doesn't appear to affect patrons of the hotel. They may be working on parts of the sidewalk. They rebuilt the Dartmouth St. sidewalk last year.

Edited: 07 February 2011, 03:58
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fairmont copley plaza

Thank you for that information.

Boston...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fairmont copley plaza

Thank your for your questions about the work currently underway at The Fairmont Copley Plaza. We are currently working on sidewalk repairs on the St. James Avenue side of the hotel. The enclosure is to allow our contractors to work during the inclement winter weather and only covers the first floor – no guestroom windows have scaffolding. As a result of this work the St. James entrance is closed, however guests may enter the hotel and valet park at the Dartmouth or Trinity Street entrances. Our guest services are unaffected by this work and everything is business as usual inside the hotel. Work is scheduled to be completed by the end of March. Please contact the hotel if you have any additional questions. Thank you for participating in this forum.

-Erica Rothschild, Marketing/Sales, The Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel

Edited: 07 February 2011, 17:03
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fairmont copley plaza

It is my general experience to avoid hotels doing repairs to this extent. No matter how much they try to send the message that guests are not affected, some no doubt are.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,648 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fairmont copley plaza

Perhaps this post by a regular contributor to the Boston forum who recently stayed there will put your mind at ease:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k422785…

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fairmont copley plaza

We just came back. It did not impact our stay at all. You cannot exit the front side..that's all. The scaffolding was covered by a nice neat tent.

9. Re: fairmont copley plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 19:17