We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Red Sox tickets

Alberta
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Red Sox tickets

Any recommendations on where to get tickets for May 22 for the Red Sox or a hotel package that will supply tickets and accommodations.

Tour of Historic Fenway Park...
39 reviews
from US$25.00*
Go Boston Card
127 reviews
from US$57.00*
Boston Bike Tour
114 reviews
from US$58.00*
New York to Boston Day Trip by Rail
1 review
from US$349.00*
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

Not sure about package deals. I've read (here on TA) that STUBHUB is a good place for tickets.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

You're not going to want to hear this, but you'll be trying to visit Boston at the same time that College Graduations are in full swing. There's already a limited amount of hotel rooms available, and the rates are very high now.

You can still come, but it's going to be rather pricey.

Alberta
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

I am coming for a convention and have extended my stay. Any luck in getting some Sox tickets? Recommendations? Anything? LOL.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

This is what I can tell you as a Chicago Red Sox fan.

For the first time in MLB history the Cubs will be playing at Fenway park. This is an interleague game series and may never be repeated.

That being said. The Red Sox have handled ticket sales for this series the same as they handle Red Sox vs Yankee's games. There was a drawing that was held last month. Fans had to register for the drawing at Redsox.com IF you were selected you were given the "opportunity" to buy tickets. I was selected in the drawing and got online 15 minutes prior to ticket sale time and waited in a virtual waiting room for over 45 minutes. I was able to purchase four seats, in the bleachers. now I only had to pay face value for these tickets which is fabulous. BUT, all of my family members that are also coming in for the series are having to pay StubHub prices. For example, in our same section of bleachers one person got two tickets for $135 each.

Good Luck!!! I don't think tickets will be getting any cheaper. The series is completely sold out and forget graduations...Boston is going to be taken over by Cubs fans May 20 -22. Bummer for us, I can see the Cubs play anytime, but the weekend we pick to come to Boston to take our oldest to Fenway for the first time, the Cubs are there. I'm certain it will add to the excitement of the games, we know many Cubs fans here that are planning on taking the trip as well.

GO SOX!!!!!

Edited: 07 March 2011, 01:06
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

Nice writeup there, icanflossu.

Yes, it sure is a much anticipated series with the Cubbies coming into town. The city is really gonna be hoppin' that weekend for sure.

There are tickets available for the game, but they are very pricey. They start at $100 for standing room only and go up from there. It looks like you'll have to spend over $200/ticket to get decent seats.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

ON stubhub tickets start at $99 and go to over $200. There seems to be box seats for about $300. They are also playing Cubs Fri and Sat.

Alberta
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

Thanks icanflossu for the post. I just figured that if I was in Boston I should take in a game. Too bad it happens to be on such an important history making series weekend!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

Yup, that will be a tough one. What you can do if you are unable to procure tickets is visit the park and take a Fenway Tour. With that said, I'd say keep trying especially as the date gets closer as they do release more tickets. As for hotel packages, I would just google "Red Sox Hotel Package May 2011". Some possible options come up.

Boston...
Level Contributor
956 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

Suggestion: There's a place near the Ted Williams statue where people can buy and sell tickets AT FACE VALUE.....(just regular fans who are looking to get rid of their tickets that they can't use)

Don't buy from the scalpers... they are fake half the time and jacked up prices the other half.

You can also wait in line about 3 hours before the game....behind the green Monster .... I think its gate "E" where the line starts...- by the ticket window on Landsowne street near Game On/Cask and Flagon. The lines can get long, but you'll see some Red Sox staff handing out vouchers. You'll need to REMAIN IN LINE and HAVE YOUR VOUCHER (DO NOT LOSE IT) to be able to purchase tickets when the ticket windows open around 6:00 I think for a 7:00 Pm game? Not sure how it works for an afternoon game but probably similar. As long as you're in line 3 hours before game time you should be ok unless its a playoff game then I recommend 4 hours???

Once the ticket windows open you wait until you get up there, and then whatever they have left you can ask and see if they have a particular section and then buy whatever they have left. For Larger groups I'd recommend trying for standing room. (You probably won't find too many seats together in a row) Singles might be your best choice or maybe a double)

There's plenty of standing room spots around the park. Sometimes you can even schmooze your way up into the roof deck or something if you get to know the usher....

It might be good to come with a couple people in your group, in case someone needs to use the rest room or go order take out lunch (lots of options nearby) I'd recommend the Mexican Place on Landsdowne St. for takeout.

So you might try the ticket exchange area (Face Value) area by the Ted Williams statue and/or

waiting in line for standing room tix or whatever single/double tix they have left in the bleachers or other locations Never hurts to ask if they have any monster standing room or roof top standing room, not bad seats.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston Red Sox tickets

I have to disagree that standing room in the Monster Seats section is "not bad seats." Don't stand there unless you feel that not being able to see half the outfield is okay.