We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Patrick's clothing?

Level Contributor
516 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
St. Patrick's clothing?

I will be in Boston this weekend and would like to get a green sweater or blazer for St. Patrick's Day. Do you think Faneuil Hall would be the best place to look as far as selection and cost or would there be someplace better? I'm staying at the Eliot which I think is close to Newbury St. but I'm thinking the shops there would be on the pricey side. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

Faneuill Hall is pretty much trinkets and mall stores, as far as shopping goes, so prices and selection will be in line with whatever the Gap or Ann Taylor costs/has anywhere else.

I'm sure you could find something in Macys, H&M or Marshalls, all in Downtown Crossing, or in one of the stores Copley Place.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

Are you looking for something that says Boston on it? If you are not, I think the color green in Boston is the same as the color green in New York.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

Prudential Center and Copley Place Mall is less than a 10 minute walk from your hotel.

There's also shopping on Boyston St. including Marshalls and Filene's Basement. Boylston St is an easy walk from your hotel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

Are you looking for a something that is like a costume? With shamrocks on it?

If so, there is a costume shop called Dorothy's Boutique less than a quarter of a mile south of the hotel on Massachusetts Avenue.

http://www.dorothysboutique.biz/

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Edited: 10 March 2011, 23:09
Level Contributor
516 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

No, I'm not looking for a costume. I just want a sweater or blazer I can wear to work on St. Patrick's Day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

Not that I have a clue about womens apparel, but I've heard many of the women on this forum mention that the shops on Newbury are quite reasonable the closer to Mass Ave you get. And since you'll be staying on the corner of Mass Ave, why not just head over to Newbury, and start there. I'll bet you can find what you're looking for without having to travel very far at all.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

I agree...you can find green just about anywhere..Boston, NYC and many points in between. Too bad you're looking for something green that is appropriate for work. In my opinion, the only green apparel that should be purchased in Boston is that which has a Celtics logo on it...lol

For non-Celtic green that is appropriate for work, then I agree Macy's or H&M will be fine.

8. Re: St. Patrick's clothing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 18:16