We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant

We are staying at Westin Copley Place. Any suggestions for good seafood restaurants around. We are looking for good lobster and oysters.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant

Since you're staying at the Westin, the Legal Seafoods at Copley Place is probably going to be closest -- easy indoor walk to their location, which is upstairs from the general shopping/pedestrian mall area -- much quieter and more relaxing than the Legal Seafoods at Prudential Center. To see a photo of their dining room, check their menu, etc., check their website at:

legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-copley-…

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant

Thanks. Since you are a Portland expert, we are spending our first two days in Portland. What is the best thing to do and where to eat.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant

I would go with The Summer Shack, 50 Dalton St. Excellent seafood, casual atmosphere. Outstanding choice of oysters. You can walk from your hotel. BTW - there is a pretty good upscale seafood restaurant right in the Westin, Turner Fisheries. (I like SS better, tho)

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant

We went to Portland last year.

For a restaurant there look at is: Street and Co

http://www.streetandcompany.net/home

Lobster Fra Diavolo was very good. It is for two people and it is huge! We got two meals out of the thing

Portland is a fun city to walk around old town. There are a ton of shops and restaurants.

Yelp.com is a good review site for restaurants there.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant

Fore St. is a famous and great restaurant in Portland. I've also enjoyed Cinque Terre very much. Hugo's gets rave reviews, but I have not been yet. If the weather is nice take the ferry to Peak's Island and have lunch at the hotel there.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant

Another seafood restaurant not far from your hotel is Atlantic Fish on Boylston St. But, really, there is no need to stay right near your hotel. Boston is small and you can easily get over to the North End to Neptune Oyster. This is a great place for oysters and they have an unbelievable hot lobster roll drenched in butter. In my opinion, don't waste your money buying a simple boiled lobster in a restaurant and then do all the work to get the meat out.

Neptune is small and doesn't take reservations, but they will call your cell when a spot is ready. Go nearby somewhere to have a drink and wait. Also, you may luck out if you go at slightly off regular lunch or dinner hours.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant

Izzyo --

For your time in Portland -- lots ot things to do....and great places to eat.

Don't want to "hijack" the Boston forum for too much info about Maine, so,

would also suggest you check out Trip Advisor's Portland, Maine forum...

To get there from here, just click on "United States Forums" above your message on this page. When the list of US states pops up, just scroll down to Maine and click on it. When the Maine forum comes up, you can use the drop-down box above the list of questions to select the Portland forum....

For restaurant info on Portland, just go to --

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g40827-Portland_…

Or -- just post your question in the Maine forum -- lots of other folks with good info about Portland there....and all willing to help. Just a hint about asking about "what to do" -- you'll get answers that are more useful if you also give some idea of your interests....let's us tailor responses to things you'll be interested in....

michigan
Level Contributor
342 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant

Which hotel on Peaks do you suggest? I see there are a couple of them. Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant

I was thinking of the Inn at Peaks Island, but there are other choices too that would be fine. Food at the Inn is OK, sort of pubby. Other places are OK, too. The Cockeyed Gull is pretty good, probably better than other places on the island and has a deck. The places are all close to together near the ferry landing, so you can walk around and see what appeals to you.

michigan
Level Contributor
342 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant

Thank you. We are flying in to Boston, staying the first night in Portsmouth. We are going to a family event on July 4th so on July 3rd we will take our time driving up the coast of Maine and thought perhaps Peak's Island/late lunch or early dinner might be a nice diversion en route.

July 5th we are driving back down to Boston to spend a few days in town playing tourist. We used to live in NH 15 years ago but now we are just tourists! : )

Edited: 16 March 2011, 19:22