We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing luggage for the weekend

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Storing luggage for the weekend

Hi All

I hope you can help me. I did a quick search of the forum, plus google, but couldn't find any recent information on this topic.

We will be staying at the Taj in Boston for 4 days, before picking up a car (currently near the acquarium, but this may change to Logan) for a 4 night/5 day trip around some of the New England sights. On the 5th day we will then drop-off the car at Logan before flying on to Chicago.

Given that our trip in total is for 3 weeks and there are 4 of us, this will include 4 suitcases plus handbaggage. For this reason I have currently reserved a mini-van for our New England trip. However today I came across the bright idea, that we could perhaps leave the majority of our luggage somewhere in Boston or at the Airport and hire a smaller car.

From my research I believe Logan doesn't offer a left luggage service. Do you know of any places (either convenient to the Airport (ideally) or downtown fairly close to the Taj) where we could leave our bags for 4 nights?

I know there has been talk of leaving luggage at a hotel, but wouldn't this be quite rude for a 4 day trip? We're perfectly happy to pay a nominal charge for the storage, especially given that the hire car would be cheaper as a result.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Asmodis

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

You are correct that there is no storage at Logan. Since you will be a guest of the Taj, seems to me that it certainly would be ok to ask them to store your bags for a fee.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

There is reportedly a place in South Station called Package Express that will store luggage.

But, I agree that you should ask the Taj to do it. It would be much easier for you.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

Have you thought about shipping it home. I know there are services which will do it. The taj should have info on it.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

If you need the info, Package Express is on the fifth floor of the Bus Station, not in the Train Station.

Geneva
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

Thanks all. I'll look in to Package Express and the Taj.

@Liberty: we're going on to Chicago and Cincinnati after our New England trip, so we'd still need the luggage. Plus judging on the ridiculous $75 price of our friend sending a small package containing some sweet treats to us in Switzerland, I daredn't even think about the cost of sending a bag to Switzerland and another to the UK :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

ok, thanks for clarifying that....Look for Tommy who is one of the doormen at the taj. There should not be a problem keeping the luggage there, if there is, he will help you out. If you want some great history of Boston, look for Norman.

Edited: 22 March 2011, 20:54
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

Email the Taj...

taj.boston@tajhotels.com

and ask them about storing luggage for X # of days (R U staying there on the way back. still, even if they charged you to store each bag....I think it will be a lot easier for you.

Geneva
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

Thanks Liberty for the hints re: the doormen. Very helpful :-)

Thanks Karen also for proposing I send them an email - I might just do that. Just for clarification, we are staying at the Taj before the road trip and are not staying again in Boston before we move on to Chicago.

9. Re: Storing luggage for the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:19