We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire query

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Hotwire query

We are looking forward to a seven week trip through Maine and the Maritimes in September October and of course wish to keep our accommodation costs to a minimum. We would prefer to spend our money on other enjoyment. I notice that Hotwire is referred to for accommodation but do not know how this works. I assume that once reserved you can not cancell or change dates. We are wanting to reserve nights of 7th, 8th and 9th of September in Boston. Any advice and recommendations would be most appreciated.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire query

Yes, you are correct. In exchange for very good hotel rates, you must pay in advance and you cannot cancel or change your dates after booking. You're also not supposed to know which hotel you're getting until after booking, but we have ways around that. ;)

For your Boston dates, assuming there's just 2 of you needing the room, Hotwire is showing the 3.5 star Back Bay/Copley hotel for $101 USD per night. $112 if you use the bed choice option and guarantee yourselves a room with a king sized bed in it. It's the Sheraton Boston. That is a very good deal for a good hotel in a good Boston location.

You can also go to Priceline and bid on a hotel, too. You would want to bid in Boston hotel zones 1,5 or 9. Those 3 areas are the best of the best.

I prefer Hotwire, so I'm not all that familiar with Priceline, but if you would like to give it a go, I suggest visiting the betterbidding.com website to familiarize yourself with how it works, and to also get some tips/insider info.

Edited: 22 March 2011, 20:32
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire query

Hi Imagine2

Definately give Hotwire a go, you will save a lot of money. Will is a Hotwire expert from Boston and provides great advice.

We are going to the US for a month in June/July and all the accomodation has been booked on Hotirwe and I have saved a fortune.

We booked the Sheraton at Back Bay on Hotwire for $109.00 per night for the three of us, after I had received an email from expedia offering me a special for the same hotel which was 3 times as much.

I was very apprehensive the first time I used Hotwire three years ago, and since then have been hooked.

If you have travel insurance and have to cancel the trip, your insurance would cover the forfeited accommodation costs, or Hotwire also offer you the option to take insurance which covers cancelation in certian circumstances.

Good luck finding some bargain hotels!

Jodi

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire query

Will and Jodi - Thank you for your help - I will definately look into Hotwire offers.

4. Re: Hotwire query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:16