We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter weekend in Back Bay

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easter weekend in Back Bay

Will be staying at Back Bay Hotel and thinking about trying Bar Lola - any recent reviews? Will any of the outdoor dining patios be open by Easter weekend? Also looking for reasonable breakfast spot close to Back Bay Hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

When is Easter? Patios will be open if it's nice weather out--we haven't had much of that yet.

I haven't been to Bar Lola in well over a year so I can't comment on the current state of things there--I wasn't super impressed with the food on my last visit (I just remember the food being boring) but there were no major complaints and I did like the space.

For tapas, I vastly prefer (in this order) Toro and Estragon (both in the South End, both with outdoor seating but again, that's weather dependent).

Fredericton
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

Thanks Veronica, Easter weekend is April 22 - 25. Thanks for your recommendation for Toro - I have read this comment a few times so it might be worth checking out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

Easter Sunday is one of the quietest days of the year in the Back Bay. if you love walking and enjoying the parks and the architecture it is a day to treasure.

Plan part of your time just enjoying a rare spell of magic in the city when the structures, parks, and restaurants are here but everything, and most of everyoen else is gone.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Edited: 26 March 2011, 02:59
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

There are a few au bon pains within walking distance. One is on Boylston and next to a Starbucks. I know your hotel as a starbucks station in the morning, or something similar.

It is a little walk, but the Paramount on Charles is very good and reasonable and offers everything for breakfast.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 15:24
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

More good diner style breakfast food can be had at Trident Booksellers & Cafe on Newbury street between Hereford and Massachusetts Avenue. That's a few blocks from your hotel. And, they serve breakfast all day and all night.

http://www.tridentbookscafe.com/

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

This may be a small point, and it may not be 100% accurate, but here goes: The OP identifies Easter weekend as April 22-25, Friday to Monday. In general in the States, the day after Easter is no different from any other Monday. I'm mentioning this just in case you're expecting stores to be closed and the like.

In contrast, my wife and I were in London over Easter once and were dismayed to find the majority of attractions and businesses closed on Monday.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

Yes, Easter is a much bigger deal in the UK. Good Friday, and Easter Monday are business-as-usual here.

8. Re: Easter weekend in Back Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:17