We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Brunch Buffet

camarillo, ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Brunch Buffet

Any local recommendations for an Easter Brunch Buffet? My husband is allergic to both wheat AND eggs, so we usually try and do a buffet so he'll have a selection of things to choose from. Also, any possibility of anything with a view? Thanks in advance for all the advice.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Brunch Buffet

Try the Bristol Lounge at The Four Season's Hotel. Call ahead and make reservations, speak to the chef and explain the situation. I have a friend with the similar situation, they made her rolls, minus the eggs and other ingredients which make her ill.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Brunch Buffet

Buffets can be tough with food allergies. I agree that communicating directly with the chef is the best option. Most restaurants are better equipped to deal with food allergies than they were even a few years ago and I have found that most are very happy to accommodate special requests..or at the very least inform you as to what foods he should stay away from...but the key is definitely communication. You can't be afraid to ask.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,760 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Brunch Buffet

I agree. I would think the last thing you would want is a buffet. You need the chef to make specific things that fit your diet and looking at a buffet isn;t going to work.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Brunch Buffet

Ooops..I did not mean to imply that the OP should avoid buffets altogether..just that she should not be afraid to ask questions about ingredients. Because of wide selection of foods available on a buffet..it involves more question. I am going to assume that generally speaking the OP's husband knows what he can and cannot eat. For example..vegetables are fine..but if the vegetables are served in a sauce then knowing the ingredients of the sauce.

If the Chef at the Bristol lounge was willing to prepare rolls to accommodate specific dietary needs..then it is a place that someone with a food allergy can have a high amount of confidence in.

5. Re: Easter Brunch Buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 17:16