We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
StanthePlan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

Where would you go? Not looking to break the bank, and we don't want seafood. Obviously want to do something unique, one of those places you can't miss. Pizza/Italian I guess would make the most sense.

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,183 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

That's not an easy question. Since you said "pizza/Italian", I'd suggest you head to the North End. It's the Italian neigbhorhood and a nice place to be.

The most famous pizza place in the north end is Pizzaria Regina. Good thin-crust pizza. But that's hardly "unique". There's lots of other places, too ... unfortunately, some aren't open for lunch.

I like to eat ... and definitely go out of my way at times to get to a certain restaurant ... but I don't know that any so outrageous that they count as a "can't miss" on a one-meal trip.

Personally ... if I were extremely strapped for time, I'd maybe duck into "Galleria Umberto" for super cheap, super casual, pizza and arancini (rice balls) a beer or a coke and call it a day and then maybe hit Mike's or Modern or Cafe Vittoria for coffee and dessert ... But that's me.

Edited: 02 April 2011, 17:01
Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

I guess I'm puzzled by the "unique" request. The North End is heavy on red sauce, Italian-American places (of varying quality). You can get a good meal if that's what you're up for, but unique? Not so much.

Coppa in the South End might qualify as more "unique" (it's an Italian enoteca with small plates, charcouterie and excellent pizza). They don't do lunch on Saturdays.

I like Regina for pizza, as well as Santiarpio's in East Boston (I crave their grilled sausage and lamb tips all the time).

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

I would go to The North End. I would invest a little time and walk around. Cover Hanover, Salem, union and north streets. When you see a place that is unique to you, you will know it. Most places have their menus on the front window. There are places for lunch which will not break the bank.

4. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 11:46
5. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 00:05
Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

I agree with the North End, especially if by "unique" you mean something quintessentially Boston. Besides a seemingly limitless choice of restaurants, the North End has a certain charm that is not found elsewhere in Boston.

7. Re: If you had 1 lunch in Boston...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 02:18