We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

If I arrive on an international flight from London at Boston Logan airport at Terminal E on a Wednesday about 1.30PM...How much time do I need to allow to connect to a Domestic flight departing from Terminal C?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

I don't know, but I think I am on the same flight lol. But I'll be heading into town.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Insofar as distance, the two terminals are right next to each other. Perhaps 5-10 minutes max to walk between the two. As for time required for airport formalities, I leave that to my knowledgable fellow posters to comment.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

As you've heard, the two terminals are quite near each other so you can walk in about 10 minutes. If you need transport, there is an inter-terminal bus that runs every 10 minutes or so, so that could take 20 minutes in total, as "the loop" is one way going the wrong way. Airlines want you at the gate about a half hour before flight time to allow for boarding.

Most folks here come about 90 minutes before a domestic flight to allow for check in and security and walking to the gate, but most of us then end up waiting for an hour before the actual flight. If ttimes are close, you can speak to an agent in either line and explain that your boarding will be soon and they'll generally move you to the head of the line.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,333 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Will you have checked luggage? If so, to be on the save side, I would allow about 45 minutes to go through immigration, wait for luggage, and then go through customs.

I picked up someone from this flight about two months ago and I think it took him less than 30 minutes, but he was a U.S. citizen.

Do you have a choice of two flights to catch? I'd allow at least a two hour window, since you'll have to go through security when you get to terminal C.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

If you are arrving on BA213, the arrival time on that flight has a good record, and usually arrives early. Customs is not usally busy at that time, you could get thru in under 30 minutes.

The walk is not bad, I parked in a lot near E the other night, and met someone at Jet Blue Baggage claim. I know it was less than 21 minutes round trip, that was the time on the parking ticket. You exit left out of e, and you will be there in 7 minutes.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Where is a link to check the reliability of a flight? Mine is Delta 271

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

bts.gov/xml/…index.xml

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Thanks...Just to be on the safe side I will ensure at least 3 hours between flights.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Thanks to all! Final plan now is...walk between terminals and allow at least 2 if not 3 hours between flights.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston Airport time? ARR Terminal E DEP Terminal C

Excellent as always, thanks ;-)