We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another weekender

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Topic
Another weekender

Need some suggestions. First time to Boston. Flying into Hartford. First night need a place to stay midway. Where should we go? Once we arrive, would like to find a local restaurant on the harbor with some good harbor views. Ideas? Otherwise have tickets to a Sox game, and just want to get a feel of the city first week of May.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Another weekender

Hartford to Boston is only about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on traffic (and Bradley is on the Boston side of downtown Hartford). Do you really need to stay the night midway?

If you want a break, and like history , you might want to spend a couple of hours (or more) visiting Sturbridge Village (about an hour/60 miles from Boston and 45 minutes/40 miles from Harford's Bradley).

http://www.osv.org/

If not, you can probably easily make it into Boston from Bradley in the same day.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another weekender

Boston hotels are costly for just sleeping. Think we will stay in between and make our way into Boston in the morning.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another weekender

Try using Priceline or Hotwire along with a site like betterbidding.com. Also, there are a couple people on this forum that can help determine what hotels are being offered.

If your only here for a weekend I would try staying in Boston or at least somewhere just outside where you can take the T in.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another weekender

Do you have some travel dates, Linda? It wouldn't hurt to see if there are any really good hotel deals for Boston. Then, perhaps, you would change your mind about wishing to spend 1 of your nights in between Hartford and Boston.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another weekender

Arriving in Hartford on May 5th. Have rooms in the Back Bay area beginning May 6th

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Another weekender

Well, I looked at the hotel situation for May 5th in Boston, and I really didn't find any amazing deals for you. Not sure what is too expensive for you, but I found a couple of good hotels priced around $175 with tax included. There were also a handful of good ones around $200 for the night.

Let me know if you might be interested and I'll send you a private message with info on each one.

There's really not many worthwhile stopovers between the two cities unless you want to veer off course somewhat. The suggestion of Sturbridge is a good one of you can see yourselves enjoing OSV for a few hours.

Edited: 14 April 2011, 09:58
7. Re: Another weekender

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:16