We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept visit - advice needed

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Sept visit - advice needed

My husband and I will be in Boston Sept 23-26. I found what I think is the Sheraton in Back Bay at $100/night on Hotwire. Is that about as good as I'll get or should I hold out?

We'd like to be within walking distance of restaurants and attractions (shopping not so important) and we are open to other areas but Back Bay seemed to be the best deal.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept visit - advice needed

If that really is the Sheraton Back Bay for $100/night, grab it. You aren't going to find much better. It's a perfect tourist location as well.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept visit - advice needed

The hotel listed is 3.5* for $107 and amenities are:

smoke free

fitness center

pool

restaurant

biz center

high speed internet

Pretty sure that is the Sheraton, correct?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept visit - advice needed

Sure reeks of the Sheraton to me, 16 Traveler. There's a very small chance it could end up being the Hilton Back Bay, across the street from the Sheraton. Can't be any other hotels but those two, and I'm going with it being the Sheraton.

Can you do better then that rate? It's certainly possible, but you would have to go the Priceline route and bid on a hotel. Priceline is much more vague then Hotwire in figuring out which hotel you're actually bidding on, but there's websites like betterbidding.com out there to help you.

If you don't want to go the Priceline route then jump all over this one. That is a VERY good rate for a good hotel in the city.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept visit - advice needed

Thanks for the help, Will and BeantownMan!

5. Re: Sept visit - advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:16