We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

I know everyone will think I am nuts for wanting to do this, but realistically, how many hours do you think the drive from Boston to Newark NJ will take? Going out to the East Coast for a short 3 days, and am willing to make the drive just to see Fenway and mark if off our baseball park list. We would be leaving Boston on a Sunday, early evening. Sunday May 22nd to be exact.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

Is Boston in lieu of the Atlantic City of your original posted plans, coming from Albany?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

Yes correct, we are weighing our options...getting some ideas together, weather depending as well. Getting all sorts of ideas and opinions as you can tell.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

4-5 hours depending on traffic.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

I use to make this trip a lot. I could go from my house south of Boston to Clifton, NJ (south of Newark) in 4 hours 15 minutes, but I drive like a maniac. Early evening, you'll miss most of the Sunday traffic, so I'd say 4.5 hours, conservatively.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

Be really careful in CT. 95 in Ct has been recently paved, smooth ride if you decide to go that way.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

Leaving Boston early evening means approaching New York late Sunday evening, so traffic should not be too bad. I think 4.5 hours sounds right if you go the speed limit or slightly over. If you are a speed demon and don't take any breaks, you might be able to do it in 4 hours.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

Just be careful in Conneticut smokies are out in force on 1-95 &1-84.

8. Re: Anyone recently made the drive from Boston to Newark NJ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 21:18