We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Visit- May 13-15

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First Time Visit- May 13-15

Hello all! My husband and I had planned to visit St. Augustine in Florida this weekend because it's close but decided to venture out and finally visit Boston and the Cape for the weekend... SO EXCITED!

A few questions... we will be staying downtown and using Priceline's Name Your Own Price- we are planning on spending the whole day in Boston- might tour Fenway, Harvard, walk around, eat, drink, etc. On Saturday (5/14) we wanted to take a ferry to the Cape- I can't find anything on this- is there any way to get there via ferry on 5/14? I would really rather not rent a car.

Would love any other recommendations- eat, drink, etc. We are laid back- no clubs, like good music, good food, no budget really, I also read something about a brunch on Sunday- would love that :) Thanks, everyone!

One more ?: how to get from airport to "downtown area"... how far? How much would a cab be? Do a lot of the 4* hotels have shuttles? Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Visit- May 13-15

There are a couple ferrys to Provincetown out of Boston, however, one does not start until May 20th and the other on the May 19th. You could find plenty to do in Boston with only a couple of days.

Take a cab from the airport.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Visit- May 13-15

Also be aware that there are a lot of college graduations going on so don't expect to find too many good deals on hotels

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Visit- May 13-15

Check out this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k442752…

4. Re: First Time Visit- May 13-15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 06:16