We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
371 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Hi Travellers,

I will be arriving 10pm in logan international airport boston and want to know if i can get taxi easily upon arrival or do i need to book in advance?

Also how much should be the taxi cost from boston airport to burlington?

Additionally i will have a weekend to stay in burlington , what are the things to do, must see places in burlington. I will be on my own and either can go to New York or stay in burlington.

Regards,

Ady

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Hi Ady.

I'd go to NYC immediately on arrival at Logan airport. Or rent a car to travel in from Burlington to see the Boston sights. Or stay in Boston and then go to Burlington only when you need to.

Burlington is a suburb of Boston that is not well served by public transportation. It has a popular mall and other shops, but not much else in the way of things to do, certainly no "must-sees", nor is anything there really centralized. Assuming you are at a hotel, if it does not have some sort of shuttle service, without a car, you will be stuck essentially in the middle of nowhere (sorry to any local residents). With a car, there are plenty of historic sights and other things within a short distance, including all the Boston sights (about 35 minutes with no traffic). I'd opt for renting a car, if possible.

Have a great trip.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

I agree 100% with tcantarelli. Burlington is a fine place to live, but not a tourist attraction and with few transportation options.

According to taxifarefinder (link below) it would be just over $81 for a taxi from Logan Airport to the Marriott next to the mall.

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Boston

If your only options are Burlington or New York, assuming you actually mean New York City (and not someplace far from the city) then New York wins hands down. Boston is a great place. If you are by chance staying with somebody who has a car, then you can easily visit Boston. But there's nothing really to "see" in Burlington

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Taxis are easy enough to get at logan. Turn left after exiting customs and you will come to the taxi stand.

If all goes well, you may get the $81.00 charge. I think this could be as much as $100.00. You may want to call the hotel and ask them for suggestions on getting there.

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Thanks buddy for replying, unfortunately i do not drive and taxi would be the only option for me. Thanks as been informed by one of the member that getting taxi from airport is easy. Hmm i am all alone so would try to go to new york city in weekend but my weel would be in burlongton.

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Thanks buddy for replying, unfortunately i do not drive and taxi would be the only option for me. Thanks as been informed by one of the member that getting taxi from airport is easy. Hmm i am all alone so would try to go to new york city in weekend but my weel would be in burlongton.

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

what I meant my calling the hotel is: ask if they have an in house van, or if they know of a good share ride service.

Knights Transportation is one to look into.

www.massport.com

check this site, massport runs buses in that direction, logan express, which would be around 10 dollars and would get you close. None of these suggestion will be as fast as a cab, but will be less expensive.

Edited: 30 April 2011, 18:44
8. Re: Taxi from logan airport to Burlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 02:17