We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fenway seating

New Bedford...
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
fenway seating

We have tickets in GS18 row 11 that I didn't know were obstructed until I purchased them (stubhub.) Anyone know how bad the obstruction is in that spot?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fenway seating

I have sat in obstructed seats and it was really bad. Who are the sox playing? If the Yankees, you will not have a chance of moving.

Boston
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fenway seating

obstructed view means either the pitcher or the batter is obscured when sitting upright in your seat.

Usually you just have to adjust your viewing angle a little to get a clear view.

Not a big deal in the obstructed view seats I have sat in.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fenway seating

Use this site...it will give you a rendered view from your seats.

http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php

New Bedford...
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fenway seating

They're playing the Brewers so you would think it may not be packed how ever it's Father's Day so I'm sure it will be. Thanks for the site I will check it out.

New Bedford...
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fenway seating

thanks again for the site, it says the view is 7% obstructed and only one of the three seats is pitcher obstructed. We're a family of 5 and I had to purchase split seats so our other 2 seats are in GS19. We'll just switch around halfway through if we need to. I'm sure the kids will be able to lean a little to see if they have to.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fenway seating

Here is the official definition of Fenway seats OBSTRUCTED VIEW --Obstructed View seats are situated behind a permanent structure which will block views of the home plate area, pitching mound area, or both. Seats may also be severely obstructed by other non-permanent devices such as moving cameras, personnel, or fans.

GS 19 is under the net but that won't distract from the game.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: fenway seating

I think on fathers day, the sox allow fans on the field before the game. If this is still the case this year, any ticket will be worth it. Even not, you will be in elite league of fans, who get to boast about obstructed views.

New Bedford...
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fenway seating

yes I think they are doing that after the game though, since the game is at 1:30. That's one of the main reasons I got these tickets!

9. Re: fenway seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:19