We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

Hanover, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

I will be coming into south station on Dartmouth Coach from Lebanon NH and want to find a reasonable hotel for one night before catching a flight out of Logan the next morning. the only "reasonable" hotels are in places like Revere and Saugus, and it is great that some have shuttles to Logan - but how could I get from south station to the hotels in Revere and Saugus without it costing me an arm and a leg for cab fare? My other alternative is to find something closer-in but my price range ($125 ish) and taking the silver line from south station to logan the next morning. Any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

You would have to take the Silver Line from South Station to the airport, and then catch your hotels shuttle back to the hotel.

$125 is definitely on the low end, so somewhere like Revere, Chelsea, or Saugus might have to do. But, for the heck of it, can I have the date for the night you need a hotel? Is it just yourself coming down from N.H?

Let me know, and I'll go see if there's anything closer to South Station or the Airport in your price range.

Hanover, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

It would actually be 2 people..... we would come into the city in the early evening of TH, May 19th, and need to get from south station to the hotel, THEN use that hotel's shuttle or cab to the airport in the morning... thanks for being willing to help. I really appreciate it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

Okay, well you're not going to find anything right in the city in your price range. The reason why is you'll be arriving right in the midst of some huge college commencements, so many of the city hotels have long been booked solid, and what's left over is priced very high, even on the discount travel sites like Hotwire and Lastminutetravel.

I'm not sure if this interests you, or what kinds of rates you're getting for an airport hotel, but here ya go anyways.

On Lastminutetravel I found a 3 star Boston hotel @$123 for the night. The hotel is not a true 3 star, but a 2.5 star, and it's not in Boston, but just over the line in Revere. The description also shows it as being 4.88 miles from the airport, but I think it's even closer then that. The hotel website lists it at 3 miles from the airport.

The hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites located on American Legion Highway in Revere. It gets very good traveler reviews - rated #1 hotel in Revere with 4.5/5 stars.

They do have an airport shuttle, and they also have a Margaritas Restaurant & Watering Hole on site. Free wifi, indoor pool, complimentary breakfast, not a bad place.

Looking on their website for May 19th, the best available rate listed was $219, so you would be saving close to $100 if you wanted to stay here.

Here's their website if you're interested, and as I said, it's listed on Lastminutetravel for $123 - page 2 of the hotel listings, 2nd one down the page - 3 star Boston hotel, 4.88 miles from airport, 208 guestrooms...

Sorry I couldn't find you anything in the Downtown in your price range, but it's a very busy time for Boston hotels, and besides, it's only for 1 night before you carry on with your trip.

comfortinn.com/hotel-revere-massachusetts-MA…

Edited: 10 May 2011, 04:38
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

My bad, because it is a 3 star hotel, lol. I thought it was a 2.5 but whatever, right? LOL.

Here's the reviews...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41785-d124191-…

Hanover, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

WOW! You are amazing! What would be the best way for them to get there from South Station? (I didn't think about commencements, but - of course!)

Thank you so very very much!

Hanover, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

I think I found it, but it does not indicate airport shuttle in the description.....

are you positive it has a shuttle?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

Sometimes the hotel doesn't list all of it's guest services on Lastminutetravel or any of the other discount travel sites. You're not supposed to know which hotel you're getting until after you book it, so they don't want to give away too many clues.

That said, Lastminutetravel is so easy to identify the hotels based on the photos alone.

This hotel is a definite match for the Comfort Inn, and the Comfort Inn's website, and the traveler reviews both state that there is shuttle service, so I think it's safe to assume there is a shuttle.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

The easiest way to get there from South Station is to jump in a cab outside South Station and cab it to the hotel. But, that would probably cost them around $30.

The cheapest way to get there would be to catch the Silver Line (SL1)from South Station to the Airport. Hop off at the first terminal the silver line stops at, and then call the hotel for shuttle pickup. Just tell them which terminal you're waiting at, and they'll swing by and pick up. BTW, the SL1 is a bus that travels between the airport and south station in it's own dedicated tunnel for the most part. Cost is $2 per person.

Hanover, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

You are now more wonderful than ever. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to help me out. You have done a VERY GOOD DEED!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: south station to a reasonable hotel to logan

I just called their 800 number and was informed all buses from lebanon NH to South Station, will stop at Logan.

800-637-0123

Hope this helps