We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

Our vacation this year will be in Boston for the fireworks and we would like to be able hear the concert. Where is the best location for this and any suggestions of where to claim our spot . Would also like advice on where to stay with the shortest walking distance to this location. We will be coming from Nashville, Tn and this will be our once in a lifetime trip to experience this wonderful July 4th event and we want to get it right. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

If you want to get up front, you need to camp out early. Or you can walk along storrow, The Mass Ave Bridge or Memorial Drive in Cambridge.

Any of the Boston Hotels are within walking distance.

Taj

Parker House

Sonesta in Cambridge and Marlowe are on the river, The Hyatt in Cambridge is something else to check out

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

The closest is probably the Liberty Hotel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

Hi, dxyblus.

There's plenty of hotels that would have you within easy walking distance of the Fireworks. Since the Fireworks take place on the river between Boston and Cambridge, you could decide to stay in a Cambridge hotel like the Marlowe, the Sonesta, the Marriott and the Kendall Hotel. The Hyatt isn't anywhere near public transportation to get you into Boston, so unless you want to rely on the hotels shuttle and/or cabs, then I would take a pass on the Hyatt.

But, you probably want to locate on the Boston side anyways, since this is your first trip, and it's a once in a lifetime trip for you.

The Liberty was already mentioned and that is in a very good location for the Pops and Fireworks hoopla. Beautiful hotel, too.

The Taj Boston, formerly the Ritz Boston, is also in a very good location for walking over to the Fireworks. Reviews have been very mixed for this hotel, however.

XV Beacon is a fantastic hotel, and that would have you a short walk to the festivities. Boston Park Plaza Hotel is another one that is but a short walk.

Honestly, the more I think about hotels that are within a 10-15 minute walk to the river, the more I come up with. There's probably a good 25 of them.

So, without going through all of them, let me ask you this. Have you set your hotel budget yet? What kind of hotels do you most enjoy staying in/ For example, do you prefer large chain hotels or small Boutique hotels? Do you prefer your average 3 star hotels or do you go for the classier 4 star and up hotels?

I'm sure we can narrow down your hotel options once you provide a little more info.

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

I'd personally advise skipping the concert and just walking over around the time the fireworks are about to start. The Pops are great but I can only take so much of the massive crowd.

You don't have to worry about getting a good spot if you go for the fireworks only, as you'll be able to see them from just about anywhere.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

A link to my experience last year: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k375645…

Also, some valuable discussion on this link: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k420247…

6. Re: best location to watch fireworks & walk from your hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2012, 07:19