We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinning options for next Saturday

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast US
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Dinning options for next Saturday

My 16 year old daughter and I will be traveling to Boston next weekend to see the ballet at 8:00 pm. We plan on driving into the city and parking at the Lafayette Garage. We will then explore the city during the day (haven't figured out what we will do yet)

She wants to be back at the Opera House at 7:00 to hear the discussion before the ballet starts. We also will probably need to stop by the car and freshen up before the ballet.

I'm looking for a place to eat in the area. It can be either a nice cafe style place or a finer dinning. I know it's graduation weekend and we may need reservations.

Thanks,

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

Cafe Marliave and Locke Ober are both quite nearby.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

Kingston Station is right around the corner from the garage, and a couple short blocks from the Opera House. Should not be a problem for Saturday night, even in graduation season.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

Teatro is a moderately priced Italian restaurant on Tremont Street. Easy walk to the garage and the Opera House.

Also you might find a place to eat dinner near wherever you're finishing your touring around.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

I definitely second either Kingston Station or Marliave. Both are excellent and you should have no problem getting a table and getting back to the Opera House on time.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

I like Market in the W Hotel before a show. The atmosphere is nice, but modern, not formal. The food is very good and the prices not bad at all. The service is excellent.

http://www.marketbyjgboston.com/

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,464 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

Has Locke Ober re-opened now?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

Yes.

8. Re: Dinning options for next Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 08:17